Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• animel71
    animel71 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After nearly two years, I was successful in my court claim against 247 Home Rescue. They tried to settle out of court and made a couple of payments prior to the court date, I ended up receiving all money claimed originally. At the case I was awarded £140 in court costs. I was unable to claim any compensation or interest on the initial amount(although you can claim for this online when you submit your claim), and we never received any travel expenses for having to travel to Manchester. They submitted their paperwork late and didn't make sense.

Judge suggested we contacted an ombudsman if we want compensation !? or for others to hear about 247.
  • davegmac
    Options
    I took out a policy for a service contract on my boiler and central heating system. I was very pleased with the way the application was handled, but after that became very disappointed.
    It seems with this organisation that you really do need the small print, unprompted they phoned me to arrange a service, which it turned out was chargeable. Still can't find where it says this on the website, or information I downloaded.
    I took the opportunity to cancel the contract within the cooling down process, but they still took money out of my account. I complained and they tried to justify it and assured me that was all they would take, but took more money the next month. I complained over the phone, filled in the on line complaints form, I sent emails and have just been completely ignored.
  • Nora17
    Options
    STAY AWAY- WARNING- This company are full of thieves. I recently moved 3 Policies from D&G to them as they seemed cheaper and very good sales people. Within 2 months I had a repair. Called up and booked that in. Engineer came out all friendly and said the Pump has gone. He will get back to Team and come back to me. Got a call to say the Boiler is Beyond Economical Repair and I need to pay £1900 for a new Boiler. After some complaints they agreed to charge me £100 and send out another Engineer to fix it. I cancelled the other 2 policies. One person confirmed the securing deposit of £75 will be refunded back to me. When they transferred me the new advisor informs me that the £75 is in fact an excess fee and so wont be refunded and I still need to pay £100.00. I told them thats not what I was advised and was basically called a Liar as no way would someone call this £75 anything other than excess fee. Come evening I get a call apologising and saying yes this is a secusring deposit and not excess! Great ok, lets get the repair booked. Paid £100.00 and engineer was booked. Engineer comes out the next day and said the Boiler is BER, (which we already know) refuses to fix it. The manager at this company says sorry but nothing we can do and so they charged me £100 for coming out again and say the same thing they said before. Im a single mom and the anxiety this company has caused me I cant say. They cut my calls, i cant get through to a Manager as they keep cutting me off!!! How is this acceptable. Please save yourselves and dont go to them!
  • eminerose
    Options
    Got the Cover in Dec2019 and paid upfront for a service. After cancelling the sevice appointment two times the engineer turned up on the third appointment and deemed the boiler unsafe for leaking gas from the combustion sealant. Called 24/7 and the response I got was that they did not cover leackage from the boiler. The rep also told me that I had a gas leack at the mains - which was a complete lie. I was then put through to another depatment who told me I would be better off buying a new boiler from them. i told them that they were trying to scam me into buying a new boiler and cancelled the insurance.

I called another engineer the following morning as I have two young children in the house. He told me it was possibly a simple sealant repair.

This company is a joke and theives - they do not cover you for anything and also they are not an insurance provider they have a breadown cover policy

Update 20/1/2020
    The engineer did not tell me that there was a gas leak at the mains, so When I called the company and they told me I did not want to believe them seeing as they wanted to sell me a new boiler. So I called the national Grid who confirmed the leak. I got an engineer to redirect the pipwork this morning which is now fixed

In the afternoon
    I have had another engineer attend from Local Heros backed by British Gas who investigated the matter and did thorough checks and found nothing wrong with the boiler no leaks! the boiler is up and running again.

Although 24/7 gave me reason to fix the gas mains leak which I am thankful for the manner in which they addressed the issue was very unprofessional and misleading. they are also very uncaring, the fact that I had two young children in the house did not matter to them. we had been without heating for 10 days because of them and are all ill as a result. If the engineer had been honest with me and told me we had a gas leak it could have been fixed earlier!

In my opinion the good reviews are from people who have not had to deal with them with a repair yet, they should wait until they need this company!

My review on trust pilot has been under review for over a week, got a sneaky suspision 24/7 have something to do with it
  • royalmike
    Options
    As a gas service engineer with nearly 40 years experience ex British Gas before it was privatised and several manufactures, not at all surprised by this thread, after just returning from living in North America for 13 years, did keep my Gas safe up to date though.
    Did some contract work for B,Gas couldn't believe the pay was less than 20 years ago, absolutely no desire to provide good customer service just to sell little old ladys new boilers that they did not need.

So left BG and now doing contract work for an outsourcing company that do work for more than 20 different insurance company which all have no qualified staff themselves.
    Pay is better but again there not at all focused on customer service keep suggesting to me that maybe the boiler is uneconomical to repair although I refuse to play that game.
    Boilers not working because they require parts, if it was my customer would get the parts and have them back up and running the same day.
    But no they have to get permission from insurance company that all have different terms and conditions so customer can be without heating for days or weeks and then said insurance company will try to refuse claim.
    Advice would be find a good local independent gas safe engineer and stick with them put the insurance money in a savings account for when you need a major repair of new appliance.
  • pinksponk
    Options
    The service from this company is absolutely appalling. I had an incident with my boiler which they could not fix as the did not know what it was. They sent several engineers, none of who were familiar with the combi boiler, some of which didn’t even turn up. One of them decided I needed a major part (which I didn’t). I was desperate for a fix so I called a local plumber, who sorted it within 10 mins. It was a minor issue that anybody with knowledge of the boiler would have checked in the first instance. I obviously had to pay him so was out of pocket. 24/7 refused to acknowledge this or refund me this amount or apologise for the ineptitude of their engineers. It was vital I had heat and water in the property as there was a terminally ill person living there. After no re-imbursement or apology, I wanted to cancel the service, only to be told that I would be charged a penalty. They obviously have not got enough trained engineers with knowledge of a variety of boilers, even though they knew what type of boiler it was from the initial service. Nobody would take responsibility and nobody would help, they are absolute rubbish.
  • mk1Karl
    mk1Karl Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 January 2020 at 10:10PM
    Options
    We started our policy with them around 6 months back and recently called them out as the boiler stopped working, £75 call out fee with no charge for parts and labour (is what it was supposed to be), engineer out next day and diagnosed issue. (Replacement part needed).
    They called us back next day to say that they want a further £240 to fix it as its beyond economic repair? It's not an old boiler, you can still buy it new for the best part of a grand and the part needed to repair this one is less than £100 so it's just lies.
    This beyond economic repair clause in the terms and conditions is at the discretion of 24/7 home rescue so it is used as a get out of jail free card to not repair the boiler insured, avoid avoid avoid.

They did try the pressure sell of a new 'ideal' boiler with free insurance (not that any insurance from 24/7 is of any use) parts, labour etc for £25 per month for 10 years.
    That's £3000 in total,
    ideal boilers come with a 10 year warranty from the manufacturer so 24/7 are literally not needed in this instance
  • GarethSutherland
    Options
    Was thinking about buying cover with 24/7 Home Rescue, but now having second thoughts! Is there anyone out there who had a good experience with them? :think:
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was thinking about buying cover with 24/7 Home Rescue, but now having second thoughts! Is there anyone out there who had a good experience with them? :think:

They are cheaper for a reason. However you will pay it all back in the long term.
    Go read the negative reviews on TP. 
  • Angra
    Options
    These scammers recently sent out an engineer to do the yearly service, He said there is a problem with my pump which is why the pipes are knocking. He said he'd reported it to the office and they will contact me. They then sent the email below.
    "Dear Customer, 

Having reviewed events transpired regarding a recent visit to your property, we write in confirmation that the attending Engineer has identified certain defects on your appliance during the completion of your Boiler Service. As per the Terms and Conditions issued upon initiation of your agreement; during a service, should the attending Engineer determine any problems, you will duly be provided with an advisory note which will specify the remedial work deemed necessary.
    Please be forewarned that as Remedial work is classed as outside of the terms of your agreement, you would therefore be obligated to cover any costs which coincide with a repair. 
    We shall highlight that you are not compelled to heed the advice put to you. However; failure to do so may affect any subsequent future claims. 
    In your specific case; we have diagnosed a fault with your ( Grundfoss Pump    ). Should you be so inclined, we can dispatch an engineer to replace the (   Grundfoss Pump     ) for a fixed fee of £166.63     including VAT. This repair includes all parts and labour.

Should you wish to proceed, please call 01254928554 and ask to be transferred to our Remedial department."

So essentially the cover is useless and the charge is for a £30 (cost) pump and someone to fit it. Apparently if I'd called them out then it would be covered, but I would still have had to pay a £75 excess call out charge.

I got transferred a total of 4 times, then even had to ring back again to cancel, as they cut me off.

The third transfer was to an agent that wanted to sell me a 10 year contract for £30 per month and I would get a new boiler for free, along with the waiver of any call out charges, and all it would cost me would be £1120 for installation, but if I signed up today they would reduce the cost of installation to £599. And that's when they tried to transfer me to cancellations and cut me off.

When I got back through they transferred me to retention's, and then transferred me to renewals before I could cancel.

At least I won't be paying this rip off company any more money.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback