What small DFW things will you do w/c 11th June??

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 June 2018 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Hi June-Penny-Jugglers

Yesterday was awesome:

* Hill-climb at 6am. Epic. Beautiful views. Took snack and drink with me.

* Amazing trip to the other side of Scotland to see Pippi's garden. Took packed lunch and drink. Came home tired.

* Awoke this morning feeling very mentally-low but am trying to shrug it off. Stoopid brain does this sometimes, no reason to feel glum, I feel like world is ending. Glorious day. Will fight this.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Checked online banking.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Went to library and paid 12p fine before it gets bigger. Oops.

* Walk to beach later. Take camping stove and cook lunch down there.

* Evening stroll with DW.

* Bedroom cleaned with Startdrops and washable cloths. Swept floor rather than hoovered. Too hot for hoovering.

* Study cleaned and swept and all paperwork put away so it doesn't get lost.

* Hallway cleaned and swept. Walking boots cleaned and treated with Magic Spray - aka furniture polish containing silicon which protects the leather.

* Bathroom cleaned and swept. Ancient toilet seat taken off for a soak.

* End of curtain pole re-fitted before it gets lost. Fell off the other night.

* Listed something on eBay.

* Cleared emails.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 June 2018 at 10:21AM
    Options
    Blimey DNMS - all your stuff appeared between me starting my post and me posting it! I'm glad you're ok!!

Ally - I hope you feel better soon
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 559 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I know, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhht??? Was a bit scary there :eek:

Going to invest in that life ins this week :rotfl:

Good news on your all clear ....phew! I think this ^^^ is very sensible - you should consider adding "critical illness" cover too - you get paid out if you are diagnosed with a critical illness like cancer or other nasty. Just compare what is covered as some Life Insurance Company's list are long and some rather short! I have benefited from it and it made a very stressful time (I am self employed) so much the easier to bear!

I am still reading along but busy at work so don't get chance to post every day.

I am painting the outside of my house to save pennies - it is a 1920's rendered home and I started my back wall last night yay!! Have loved doing it. Get my radio on and time flies by each evening! It is up for sale so I am hoping it'll be more appealing to buyers - has cost me less than £100 for the paint. Windows frames next!

I am still feeding myself and kids from stores, rarely have time to shop because I am painting my house (double benefit haha).

I have chipped over £4800 off my debt since the start of the year and I chug on! Feels like Robocop most of the time....just trucking on!

Have a wonderful MSE day everyone

((Hugs))

WM x
  • thegirlinthegreenscarf
    Options
    Hi! Made another £60 to the car payment - Its sill over £2k. I am currently exhausted. I have some things on ebay and I am trying to find ways to increase my income. I know I will get there... slowly....
    MBNA (Was £2000), Now £2, 900 (Expected date Dec/2020)
    CAR (Was £300) Now
    £2, 000 (Interest free loan from family member)

**Want to be on my way to being debt free for 42**
  • allydowd
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

* Listed something on eBay.

Sold and posted using huge supply of stamps I still have from RM Surveys. £15 profit given to DW to pay off more of the money I borrowed to buy my car.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone :)

((Hugs)) DNMS, glad you are ok :)
    Ally, hope your spirits lifted through the day - you seem to have had some great stuff planned :)

Well, nothing spent today - in fact I spent most of it at my brother's flat, waiting in for someone from the HA to visit re replacing the bathroom. He didn't turn up till nearly 2pm (I was there for 9) so I gave the flat a good clean. It wasn't too bad, and certainly didn't take e all of that time. It is only a 1 bed flat :) So read my book for quite a while trying to ignore the smell of tobacco smoke, despite all the windows being open :(

Cleaning was compensated by the lovely view from his kitchen window, which overlooks a field, and the canal beyond :) Got held up on the way back due to the police closing the road due to an accident. Long detour needed, but much better that that being involved in the accident. Hope they are ok :(

Got home to find that OH had made a shepherds pie from the mince I had earmarked for chilli in the fridge, but didn't mind that - it was great not to have to cook! It was very nice and there is enough for another day, what is not to like?

Apart from that, all I seem to have done is water the tomato, pea, bean, courgette, cucumber and squash plants, along with the blueberry and the quince tree, which also live in pots. Also fed the tomatoes as they have little tomatoes set on them :)

Ought to clean MY house tomorrow!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DNMS so thankful for the all clear, that must be a relief and some headspace back I imagine. Take care of yourself.

I’m awake too early so I thought I’d catch up on here before I get on with my day:

Small going to party, card and present from stash
    Freeze a couple of portions of things from fridge
    Small to have left over bbq for lunch at school
    I’m at an all day meeting, work will buy lunch ;)
    Check banking
    Split fleabay profits between LPDF and new savings pot I’ve started to replace a tech bit of kit (hoping this doesn’t extend to mr purps starting to look a replacement cameras for photo hobby - may need to join foxgloves and ally in wife’s of those who just **need** an extra lense/camera body/specific model that does the same as another item that Is already owned :rotfl:)
    Burned lots of gifted wood last night in chimnea to keep warm whilst outside post bbq which we did minimal food for, most already had in
    Check for surveys
    Pay small £co payout to LPDF
    Read martinis e mail - sign up for the MasterCard loyalty thing
    Investigate spending abroad options without the need for applying for a cc
    Book holiday parking - not sure why I’m procrastinating on this :o
    Pick some rhubarb
    Check the items that’s overhanging from next door is elderflower and of so, investigate making of cordial

Off to nose at some diaries. Have a good day. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning purps :D thanks everyone for your continued support :A

Today I intend to spend most of the day sewing :T I want to make a skirt to wear to work on Friday :D I have all of the things needed. (this is a seperate skirt to the one I have been doing the last couple of days. I am waiting for some interfacing to be delivered before I can finish that) It will be the first time I've used jersey and my overlocker :D I might watch a "getting to know your overlocker" tutorial on y0utube - very exciting!

As well as that I hope to:

* sort out cc statement and know where I am with that!
    * will tidy up/clean d/s before taking madam to school
    * madam has request pancakes for breakfast and I'm in the mood to oblige
    * all meals from stores
    * meeting up with bff tonight and going to local spa (tis low cost for suana, pool and hot tube :money:)
    * might clean the bathroom if I do well with my skirt!
    * read newsletter - not much doing I thought!

Ok that's my lot. Better
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)

Lovely morning again, though the garden could do with some rain!
    OH has a cold, so is sitting round like a wet weekend :( I have a sniffle as well, but compared to having my insides chopped / pulled about,it is a walk in the park :rotfl:

So far I have washed my hair and it is currently drying naturally, put the washing machine on, used up a brown banana for breakfast and picked some strawberries before Mrs Blackbird does.

I am going to do some cleaning again today, but this time in my house as opposed to someone else's :D I have come to the conclusion that cleaning would never have been a career of choice for me!

Also need to:
    Walk dog if OH doesn't want to

Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Arrange a physio appointment

List an item on ebay
    Washing out on line when done
    Triage fridge

Do a new freezer inventory, as lots has been used and I haven't updated the existing inventory :o
    Meals from stores - salmon tonight, from freezer :)

There will probably be more, will be back later to update :)
  • allydowd
    Options
    * Going to see GP. All isn't well in the Wee Elf's mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure