The Work Programme New Thread

Options

Comments

• stix62
    stix62 Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Options
    titch82 wrote: »
    Well I was only told this morning, I got as much out of my advisor as I could as she wasn't wanting to be on the phone long. As it's my first time in this situation, just wondered if anyone had experienced this.

No, but I wish I had. The Work Program has done nothing for me.

Expect the quick talk about the company, what they do, the type of people they want to employ, and if you are interested in working for them look as the 1-1 as a job interview, which it will be. Be prepared for that ;)
  • no1wf
    no1wf Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies in advance for not reading over 230 pages of a thread started 2 years ago lol

My Dad is not fit for work, but because he made it from one chair to the other in the Job Centre they say he is.

He's being enrolled in this Work Programme - Rehab Jobfit, but we've no idea what it is. What kind of things will he have to do? If they send him for interviews I will not be impressed as I can't see him being selected for a job and it would only make his illness worse.
    :dance: Best Wins:
    Blu-ray player & B2TF Blu-ray trilogy tin
    2 x Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony Concert tickets
  • mro
    mro Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no1wf wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for not reading over 230 pages of a thread started 2 years ago lol

My Dad is not fit for work, but because he made it from one chair to the other in the Job Centre they say he is.

He's being enrolled in this Work Programme - Rehab Jobfit, but we've no idea what it is. What kind of things will he have to do? If they send him for interviews I will not be impressed as I can't see him being selected for a job and it would only make his illness worse.
    Since when did Jobcentre do that test & assessment ?
  • no1wf
    Options
    mro wrote: »
    Since when did Jobcentre do that test & assessment ?

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it was the Jobcentre though he hasn't been anywhere else
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2014 at 10:38AM
    Options
    The JCP don't do assessments - all entitlement to ESA (or not), is assessed after completing an ESA50 form, and then the claimant being assessed by ATOS.

He must have had an examination as a claimant, transferring from IB,cannot be found 'fit for work', without a physical assessment, although they can be placed into WRAG by paper assessment, and be required to attend interviews/courses to prepare for work, at some time in the future (courses etc., should allow for medical issues).

The JCP have no part in making those decisions about fitness for work - that decision is made by the benefit office that pays the ESA, after receiving the recommendations from ATOS.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • no1wf
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »
    The JCP don't do assessments - all entitlement to ESA (or not), is assessed after completing an ESA50 form, and then the claimant being assessed by ATOS.

He must have had an examination as a claimant, transferring from IB,cannot be found 'fit for work', without a physical assessment, although they can be placed into WRAG by paper assessment, and be required to attend interviews/courses to prepare for work, at some time in the future (courses etc., should allow for medical issues).

The JCP have no part in making those decisions about fitness for work - that decision is made by the benefit office that pays the ESA, after receiving the recommendations from ATOS.

A lot of abbreviations there that I don't understand, but thank you :)

Either way, he's not fit for work and I can't see anyone employing him so I think this whole thing is just a waste of time. But what it is he will be doing there? The letter says he must do anything they ask of him, but if it's anything that will aggravate his condition I won't be happy. And I worry they will say he's not putting the effort in or if he says he can't do it and they will stop his money or something.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If he is on JSA, then he has been declared totally fit for work, and he must do what they require, or be sanctioned.

If he was awarded ESA, and put into the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG), then he must do certain things to aim towards work, but nothing that would impact on his health. If he feels any task is affecting his health, then he needs to get a doctor's letter, and take it to either the Job Centre, or the Work Programme provider (dependent on who is asking him to do it).

If he was put into ESA Support Group (which he obviously wasn't), he wouldn't have to undertake any task at all.

You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this 'program' still around? oh my god! lol
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    Lith wrote: »
    Is this 'program' still around? oh my god! lol

yep and to a lot of people the work programme -its like having haemarroids for the rest of your life
  • ToffeeFudge_2
    Options
    Started a college course not too long ago but these clowns are still convinced I've to met with them etc even though I have signed off JSA and therefore not part of the "work programme"

Is there anyway in which they can be politely told to eff off so I don't get any silly appointments or letters from them ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure