PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i got a lovely windsmoor jacket today navy blue very nice cut £1 cant be bad
    onwards and upwards
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    Trying to prep for some training I'm delivering in Euston (well out of my geographic comfort zone) I find the apartment website has advice on which charity shops to check!

DfV, I fear you'll find those central London charity shops quite expensive. I work in a posh part of town, and don't bother with the ones nearby; £5 for a hb book, £15 for an M&S top etc. The bargains are to be had further out in the dull suburbs of zones 4-6 where tourists have no reason to go.

I have to report that my partner bought 3 DVDs of questionable cinematic quality for a quid recently in a seaside town chazzer. He says for 33p even a film entitled Kill The Hoff (yes, starring David Hasselhoff) can't be that bad?
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A colleague has asked if charity shops are any good for CDs - from what I've see it varies, but there appears to be almost no filtering for the exotic CDs unless the labels make it clear.
    And the pricing is usually not more than a pound each.

Remarkable how many are chipping in "mum loves charity shops" or "the missus" - am I hearing the Y chromosome realising there may be something in these places that might interest them?! All the more since our annual pay rise will not be seen in the pay packet til September...
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Bargains have been a little thin on the ground this week but I did get 2 Laura Ashley cushions today with feather innards. £1.49 each whilst the Laura Ashley shows there original price to be £55 each! They are a little grubby but I’m hoping a few squirts of elbow grease and a run through the washer will sort them out
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    *I swear someone filleted this creature as a kitten as he appears to be boneless much of the time!

Have you tried grasping front and rear legs in different hands and stretching him like an accordion?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do charity shops finds on eBay meet the criteria for this forum ?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Do charity shops finds on eBay meet the criteria for this forum ?
    Not sure what charity shop finds on eBay are... but you are welcome to share.
    😀
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Regarding cats with no skeleton, I found my much-loved, much-missed old boy could go from floppy boy to stiff-as-a-board monster in the blink of an eye. :eek:
    Well, that's cats for you (in my 40+ plus years of slavery).
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Not sure what charity shop finds on eBay are... but you are welcome to share.
    😀

This week I bought a “Vintage “ sewing machine from the British Heart Foundation Charity Shop on eBay for <£15 .
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried grasping front and rear legs in different hands and stretching him like an accordion?

Too many sharp, pointy bits in the vicinity....would probably necessitate a trip to A & E!

Today, in the community chazza I got a pack of two food bowls for cats with little feet on them, (feet on bowls not cats!). Thought they might assist the long legged, old, arthritic floofster reach his food more easily. Will wait awhile to introduce bowls to floofster as he probably needs time to recover from the recent 'new bed' trauma. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure