PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Today's bargains are:
    Per Una 3/4 sleeved dress in shades of navy, purple & teal. Lots of pleating detail around the neckline and bodice.
    £1.00 Air Ambulance

Principles Ben De Lisi 3/4 sleeved jersey top in black/grey with cowl neck and fancy button detail. Great with leggings.
    £2.00 Bluebell Wood

Next leggings in black & white pattern, great fabric, much thicker than usual leggings.
    £3.00 Hospice shop
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Its funny how we kid ourselves sometimes...I was convinced I spend very little on myself, but my chazzer expenditure for myself alone this month was actually £31.58. For that I got lots of outfits, some unusual kitchen gadgets....and 16 more books :D

I also spent about £30 on gifts for others, so there is counterpoise :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was extremely pleased with my haul from the other day. I have honestly have never seen the ultra cheap prices that have been posted on here in the past, I am so jealous :p. I tend to get a bit carried away because I am used to paying similar prices for clothes from websites like Shein, which are really terrible quality (like unfinished seams etc :eek:). I will learn eventually :D

I will definitely check out the Jim Thompson house if I can ever afford to go to Bangkok; it sounds fantastic!

Just a silly thing from earlier today; I went out with my parents for my birthday meal and I wore the 'White Company' and Cath Kidston blouse I bought on Monday and my mum remarked on how smart I looked. It kinda made me well up a bit because she hasn't said that for years. Really made my day :j
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 March 2018 at 4:22AM
    Options
    Laredouter wrote: »
    I went out with my parents for my birthday meal and I wore the 'White Company' and Cath Kidston blouse I bought on Monday and my mum remarked on how smart I looked. It kinda made me well up a bit because she hasn't said that for years. Really made my day :j
    That really is lovely!

I'm gonna have a moan now. I went to a chazzer and found a new suit marked as X price. Excellent quality, good brand, my size and an unusual style (admittedly not for everyone, but suited me!). Got to the till and the SA said the skirt would be another £2, despite the fact it was paired up with the jacket using a hanger attachment! I liked the suit, but wasn't going to cough up in principle because the SA was TTP.

It's a very worthy charity, but the volunteers at this particularly branch - take an educated guess, Wednesday! - run it like a personal fiefdom. The number of times I've overheard their loud pricing conversations floating out of the anteroom...it really is a coalition of the clueless.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :T Nice one, Laredoubter, it's always lovely to be complimented on one's clothing, but there is a special glow when you know that you're wearing chazzer bargains.

I haven't made any purchases since last week, have only been in one chazzer, I have run out of space for clothes (unless they're very special ;)) and have a small but specific Wants List for domestic trifles. And I'm always willing to be led astray by interesting books not available in the library service.

Happy hunting, lovely peeps. GQ x
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Laredouter - I have seen a lot of Shein hauls on Youtube but the stuff looks dreadful to me, badly sized and cheap. It is bad enough that all our clothes are made in China and the like without them trying to cut out our retailers and sell direct to the end user. Hell would have to freeze over before I would buy from them.

I am on a self imposed No Buy for March. The only exceptions are a coffee grinder, a tiffin or some glass food storage as these are part of my zero waste journey.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    That really is lovely!

I'm gonna have a moan now. I went to a chazzer and found a new suit marked as X price. Excellent quality, good brand, my size and an unusual style (admittedly not for everyone, but suited me!). Got to the till and the SA said the skirt would be another £2, despite the fact it was paired up with the jacket using a hanger attachment! I liked the suit, but wasn't going to cough up in principle because the SA was TTP.

It's a very worthy charity, but the volunteers at this particularly branch - take an educated guess, Wednesday! - run it like a personal fiefdom. The number of times I've overheard their loud pricing conversations floating out of the anteroom...it really is a coalition of the clueless.

Oh. That's a tough call, given all the positives about the suit.
    I'd have probably done the same and chuntered about it as I walked round, then been very tempted to go back and buy it.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 March 2018 at 1:41PM
    Options
    I was less than charmed when husband removed all the folding I had & set off "suffering from cabin fever". Well wrapped - he's shrewd enough to know that if you ask me for money you'd better be well padded or with a quick good answer.

Seems he managed to walk through the snow into not one but two genuine traditional Guernseys, one for a quid & another for three quid. I'm rather hoping they're his preferred olive green but even if they're bottle green, this is not the weather to be picky about colour when the pure wool warmth is what's needed!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Laredouter wrote: »
    Just a silly thing from earlier today; I went out with my parents for my birthday meal and I wore the 'White Company' and Cath Kidston blouse I bought on Monday and my mum remarked on how smart I looked. It kinda made me well up a bit because she hasn't said that for years. Really made my day :j

Awww, how lovely....really pleased for you :)

Not been near a chazza since Monday...in fact not even been out of the door due to the snow & icy pavements, (blood problem - dare not risk breaks/knocks/cuts). Now starting to go stir crazy. Might have to resort to a supermarket delivery shortly as about to run out of milk and stuff :eek:, (that's if they are working as everything else seems to have shut down here!) :(
  • Pollycat
    edited 1 March 2018 at 3:33PM
    Options
    I was less than charmed when husband removed all the folding I had & set off "suffering from cabin fever". Well wrapped - he's shrewd enough to know that if you ask me for money you'd better be well padded or with a quick good answer.

Seems he managed to walk through the snow into not one but two genuine traditional Guernseys, one for a quid & another for three quid. I'm rather hoping they're his preferred olive green but even if they're bottle green, this is not the weather to be picky about colour when the pure wool warmth is what's needed!
    We called them ganseys
    Or should that be 'gansies' plural? :D
    Will you put them in the freezer? Or is it cold enough to kill any potential moths anyway? :rotfl:
    Mir! wrote: »
    Not been near a chazza since Monday...in fact not even been out of the door due to the snow & icy pavements, (blood problem - dare not risk breaks/knocks/cuts). Now starting to go stir crazy. Might have to resort to a supermarket delivery shortly as about to run out of milk and stuff :eek:, (that's if they are working as everything else seems to have shut down here!) :(
    We've not had a bus past our house - usually 3 per hour during the day, 2 per hour evenings - since 6pm last night.
    Roads are still snow covered.
    Expecting 2 parcels from ebay but not really expecting the postman to come (and understanding if he doesn't although he was out yesterday).

Hope you get the stuff you need, we have about a pint of milk left which will last us ages, plus yucky semi-skimmed that we use for porridge and cereal.
    Cupboards and freezer full to groaning.
    Hope everyone is OK, especially those of you in the red alert area.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure