Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Like you I had a horrible experience with the Co op relieved only by going on their Facebook page and seeing similar experiences. A lot of customers including me trashed their Facebook page!

It is absolutely useless to place any faith in customer services as their `system` doesn't work.

Despite my direct debit being set up, they managed not to collect any money from me and at the time of switching had over £1000 in my account!

On leaving, Co op Energy are very keen to advise you to leave your DD in situ so the refund can happen naturally but I ignored that as I realised that other people were having two payments withdrawn.... one to their new provider and the other to Co op Energy!

In the end I went to the Ombudsman and also reclaimed three direct debits. When finally the bill was produced, I had the money to pay the bill and they still owed me some money.

Co op Energy used to be great before the fiasco with their IT system. Had they apologized and admitted their fault, then customers would have been happy but they kept insisting there wasn't a problem and it was well nigh impossible to get contact with them.

Dont listen to customer services staff who may sound`offended` but they have no clout to rectify the situation.

I am very happy with Ovo!
  • lizzietwo
    lizzietwo Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Janb5, hopefully anybody seeing our posts will be put off joining them.
  • hawkwind
    hawkwind Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must have been one of the lucky ones after reading the comments on here.
    I never had any problems, the switch over was fine as was changing tariffs for a second year.
    They are too expensive now but my switch to So Energy was fine as was my final bill from the CO-OP and the refund for £49 overspend paid quickly as well.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 April 2017 at 12:43PM
    Options
    hawkwind wrote: »
    I must have been one of the lucky ones after reading the comments on here.
    I never had any problems, the switch over was fine as was changing tariffs for a second year.
    They are too expensive now but my switch to So Energy was fine as was my final bill from the CO-OP and the refund for £49 overspend paid quickly as well.
    Let's hope this is a sign of things to come. It has been a long time coming, though.

It's probable they are reaping what they have sown in recent years as their customers switch away in droves. Former GB Energy customers will be their lifeline for the time being but only time will tell whether they have actually improved their customer service.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • dennisjosephphillips
    Options
    It is my intention to commence switch to Co-Operative Energy today (having switched from nPower to First Utility via MSE 12-months ago).

Updates to follow.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I switched 3 months ago and thus far all if fne. No complaints at all.
  • dennisjosephphillips
    Options
    Initiated switch process yesterday thru MSE.

Co-op Energy emailed me today to confirm an online account had been set-up in advance.
  • dennisjosephphillips
    Options
    Day 3 of switch process.

Co-op Energy emailed me with 'Welcome letter' documentation, which included projected timeline for switch completion etc.

I called them (on an 0800 number) to discuss monthly DD payment (including date) which they were happy to amend.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 3 of switch process.

Co-op Energy emailed me with 'Welcome letter' documentation, which included projected timeline for switch completion etc.

How long are they quoting to complete the switch?

Thanks
    Stompa
  • dennisjosephphillips
    Options
    35-day switch period (max)

14 day cooling off, 'new' suppier applies to take over from existing,switch occurs, process takes place/provide opening meter readings etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure