IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel & Me Part 2

Options

Comments

• claretmad62
    claretmad62 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2017 at 12:32PM
    Options
    As its not me but my wife on the PCN, would she have to ring. She's in bits with it all & would have paid long ago.
    cm62
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As its not me but my wife on the PCN, would she have to ring.

I presume it's whoever's name is on the court papers would have to ring but it might be ok for you to ring up as her 'rep'/person dealing with this on her behalf... One of the others will know
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are under no obligation to make a guess as to who was driving, and it would be wise for you to give no guesses on here, by using words such as I, he, she, wife, husband, friend, brother, etc
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Half_way, fair point well made...
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    So going back to the original matter in hand, just ignore ?

I have seen other threads where it has been mentioned you must tell them that you were not the driver & you don't who was, instead of ignoring....but I'm happy to go with the those in the know
    cm62
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Options
    So going back to the original matter in hand, just ignore ?

I have seen other threads where it has been mentioned you must tell them that you were not the driver & you don't who was, instead of ignoring....but I'm happy to go with the those in the know

That letter does seem to be in debt collector mode begging for money.

Regarding parking with no ticket, can you explain about that
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Post 9 ?, I'm not saying a ticket wasn't purchased. The PCN states "Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit"
    cm62
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Options
    Post 9 ?, I'm not saying a ticket wasn't purchased. The PCN states "Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit"

I read post 9

so, did you have a valid ticket and do you have to enter your reg number into the machine, forget the displaying of a ticket for the moment
  • claretmad62
    Options
    No idea, because no idea who was driving. Yes I believe you have to enter your reg no into the machine.
    cm62
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    This one 2015, Cavendish Street Keighley, it was ANPR.. PCN states "Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit" although there is not photographic evidence to prove that, just the car entering / exiting.

Never challenged anything, just sent the 2 liner from above once BW became involved.

that could infer either no ticket was bought , or the ticket on display did not have the correct VRN number , however , how do they know this? was there a bod on the ground? http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/excel-lose-peel-centre-casemotorist-not.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure