IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel & Me Part 2

Options

Comments

• claretmad62
    claretmad62 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just bumping this upto to the top, I've time but would dearly love to get this sorted...many thanks
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    claretmad62 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Going back to this one again, if the 33rd day is the 10th May when would be the best time to send my defence back....as close as to that date as possible. And also by post or email...or both ?
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Was hoping for some feedback on my defence, really desperate to put this one to bed, I'm away for a week soon.

Please
    cm62
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Going back to this one again, if the 33rd day is the 10th May when would be the best time to send my defence back....as close as to that date as possible. And also by post or email...or both ?

You have plenty of time, even if you are going away for a week. Best to email your defence then ring the court to confirm they have received it.
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Hi to all, not been to well last month so put everything to one side. My wife's 2nd hearing is on the 21st Sept (Skipton). A few weeks back someone put up their court apperance account up for all to read. I remember the poster telling us about his run in with the judge who asked him /she if they were not the driver did they know who it was. The defendant replied twice that they did not have to give that information...the judge told them in no uncertain terms if he / she was asking then they must reply. At the end of it the judge just needed confirmation that the Defendant knew who the driver could be. I just need to find the thread...it will be useful for my wife. You may remember on our 1st, she didn't realise she would be asked questions and this thread was perfect for me to show her.
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Haha...thanks Lamilad. Told you I'd not been well..couldn't even remember making comment on it.

Cheers
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Received a letter on Saturday from the Claimant, offering to settle for £100.."to save wasting the courts time"...how nice. 17 Days until all documents are due in...didn't get this offer last time. Needless to say, we wont be taking them up on it.
    cm62
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Received a letter on Saturday from the Claimant, offering to settle for £100.."to save wasting the courts time"...how nice. 17 Days until all documents are due in...didn't get this offer last time. Needless to say, we wont be taking them up on it.

For anyone stumbling on this thread - your first one:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5594252&highlight=claretmad62&page=14#topofpage
    [Result - a win - is on post 274]

I am not surprised by their offer and I would not be surprised if this later gets discontinued, the fact they are out of Robo-Claim territory here and are actually responding to you does say a lot. However for now, you have to continue this as if they will go all the way just in case they foolishly do.

They clearly know who you are and about their previous run in with you and the fact you will have a good defence ... £100 would be a very good result for them (as would be £1 even) should they go to court and lose as we all hope they will with your well defended case.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Yes, last ditch try on to extort money.
    Next will no doubt be they discontinue
    They understand that THEY will be wasting court time

We can now read these scammers like a book
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business