IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel & Me Part 2

Options

Comments

• claretmad62
    Options
    No attendant on that site as far as I am aware, I would assume they would take photo if that was the case. Yep, one of the two...but as you say do they not need to provide strict proof ?
    cm62
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They do but they won't - which puts you in a better position in court. They should supply evidence from the P&D machine logs, do NOT ask for it, you do not want that (I've seen one purporting to be a day's machine logs and anyone could have typed it).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Ok, I will just let this one lie until the next correspondence...thanks
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Just a quick update on this, thought Id take a look at the PCN again...there doesn't seem to be a Title
    Notice to Keeper, Driver etc...it is addressed to my wife but that's it. It just mentions the T&C's to which the driver agrees to...etc

Does this alter the effectiveness of the document in anyway shape or form ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebop5fppzkpfhhp/20170214_132101-1.pdf?dl=0
    cm62
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It's a postal 'Parking Charge Notice (top right) sent to the keeper having obtained DVLA data, which makes it a Notice to Keeper.

And it's the standard Excel type which is not a POFA one, no 'keeper liability' suggested, no warnings of that, just a vague 'assumption that you were the driver' which takes them precisely nowhere (unless a Judge is clueless and if it wasn't argued well) if the keeper has never identified that driver.
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Ok, sorry to waste your time on that...my other one has a clear title as have others I've just looked at on the Web.
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Morning all.

Quick update, received this letter yesterday...all very strange but they are going over the same ground from 4 months ago. Question, should I respond to this one in anyway ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlfu8tiu05ugu5o/BW-EXCEL%20Latest%20F28.pdf?dl=0

Thanks
    cm62
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    They keep doing that as they are so disorganised! I would reply by email, saying your position is unchanged.
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Generally done it by letter, but ok will try by email. Will create a gmail account specifically for this, don't want them contacting on mine.
    How's this as a response, to much war and peace ?...trying to slow them down a tad

I request "strict proof" of liability as no keeper liability has been created because of the failure to follow the protocols of the PoFA.

In the meanwhile, please supply a copy of the contract between the landowner and your client that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and a reference number for the planning permission for their signage and ticket machines at the site in question.

This request is made under CPR 31.2 and the said documents should be sent before any claim is made to the courts or within 14 days, whichever is the sooner, Any claim will be rigourously defended.
    cm62
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yep that's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure