What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 23rd April?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

How does Monday come round so quickly :rotfl: today's plans:

Need to go in to work, so have made drink for commute and packed lunch
    Pegged washing out on line
    Made hm granola
    Mince out of freezer to make tomorrow nights tea
    Pork out of freeer for tonight
    Dd and DH packed lunches using what we have, have defrosted some value mixed fruits and mixed it with hm yogurt for dd yogurt instead of shop bought. Much better for her and the environment :A
    Plant a couple of things tonight I didn't get round to yesterday.. lovely new planter arrived, looks much more expensive than the £10 I paid. May get some more if funds allow at the end of the week when I get paid
    Check banking, surveys
    Put 2 loads of washing away - 1 done, 1 to do
    Text a couple of friends.

Hope those feeling tired find some energy somewhere soon.

So far I've done everything apart from text friends and check surveys, will do in a minute. Planted a plum tree and two blueberry bushes. Garden looking a bit more lived in :D

I've also made bolegnase for tomorrow nights tea, will put in sc on low tomorrow so mil cane just portion up when she wants. Grated a carrot to bulk it out and used half a frozen stock cube

I've saved the pots the blueberries came in and will plant a courgette in each one, will leave it a week as sowed two already this week.

I was going to make tea and started to melt coconut oil to fry off the sauce then realised I could use some of the olive oil the anchovies came in, as I'd not done anything other than melt it, I poured it back in the bottle.

I've got some quiche out for dd for lunch tomorrow, I'll have more soup. Hope DH will have some chicken legs as I've some cooked in the freezer.

Right off to do the last couple of things on my list. Purps.
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    Evening

managed to get my tasks done just not my accounts

nite all xxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D I didn't do very well with my list yesterday! Oh well today's another day....

I made some slimming world hash browns last night so looking forward to a full english a bit later :D

Today:

* lunch already prepared, just need to grab some frozen ys blueberries & some yogurt
    * madam having free school lunch :D
    * mil having madam after school - £7 not spent at asc :D
    * check onepoll
    * plant seeds this evening
    * check on seedlings in greenhouse - salad leaves have started to germinate :D
    * as I'm up early and almost ready I'm going to go through my seed box and see what I'm sowing tonight :D

That's all folks :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You guys are putting me to shame don't seem to have done much. I'm still hurting after the sports event on Sunday but I did enjoy it, only spent £1 and I keep thinking, it's good for stamina and fitness. My GP was quite impressed, I'm impressed I got thru Sunday without oxygen!!!!!!

Heating is off. If DD was here she would be moaning that it is too cold, but it's just right for me. It has gone cooler so just have one window open to get some fresh air into the house
    The pack of chicken fillets I had bought and pulled out of the freezer last week really went the extra mile-9 meals in all. Some meals are in the freezer, I cooked up the last 2 fillets on Saturday with the last of some stuffing I had for a meal on Saturday, and to cut up for sandwiches Sunday. So much better, nicer and cheaper than buying a meal deal
    While sorting out the freezer found a last meat in gravy from Christmas so going to have that today with some left over veg that needs using up in the fridge and some YS potatoes I am slowly working thru.
    Need to go shopping this morning for a cat food top up. Haven't needed to go shopping for a week so I'm quite pleased I have lasted so long, esp as I always need cat litter.
    Meeting tonight and need to get some paperwork done today.
    Try and run the Hoover over of I get chance and it doesn't hurt too much
    Spends book needs to be updated.
    DawnW I remember my grandma having a button tin than we used to play with. We used to spend ages looking at the different buttons, my grandma always knew the history of where they had come from......usually off my grandad things!!!!!! But there were a couple that had a real history to them.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 April 2018 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Morning all!

Bit grey here today but I'm hoping that the garden will get a good soaking!

TSB finally seems to be working (albeit a bit slowly) so I've shuffled some money round this morning.

In other news, I seem to have a bit of a sore throat. Hopefully I can stave it off. - feeling a bit headachey. Might explain why I'm so hungry too.

Round up from yesterday:
    • B/L/D from stores. - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • No alcohol - done
    • Water plants in greenhouse - done
    • Keep checking TSB banking to see if it finally works :cool: - working but incredibly slow. Stopped working again last night.
    • Poss cast on second sock if time/inclination. I haven't started yet as it's been too nice out and I wanted to be in the garden. - done - got half way through the ribbing

Similar day today!
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Shuffle money around and reconcile spreadsheet - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • No alcohol on sore throat
    • Gym at lunchtime - done. Evil.
    • Knit sock
    • Check plants in greenhouse
    • Listed some glass on freegle. Need this stuff out my house now!
    • Nobbled a free lemsip off my boss - done
    • Get OH to cook and strip chicken - asked him
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2018 at 8:11PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    HK, you are actually putting US to shame with your sports events. :rotfl: Hope you are ok :)

Today's plans:
    Wash hair and allow to dry naturally :)Done
    Cut up half an apple that GD didn't want yesterday for breakfast fruit :)Done
    Hospital appointment this afternoon, pre-op check #2 :cool: Done
    Invite brother round for dinner - will be chilli out of the freezer as I won't be back from hospital till about 5, probably. Didn't see him at the weekend as we were busy, so will be good to catch up and make sure he is ok. He is working quite a lot of hours, but has very little life outside work, and I don't want him to feel abandoned, even though we don't want him living with us. He is ill, and asked me to take meds round to him tomorrow :(
    Go to sales unit and do some tidying up, put a few new bits in etc Done
    Locate an item that sold on ebay last night - ebay has been really slow, but tbh I haven't been putting in the effort, listing new items etc. Must get back to it! Found it!
    Pack said item ready for posting, probably tomorrow as I have RM surveys stuff to go as well. Packed but must do the address label
    Check post office account to see how much postage money is in it Still to do
    Check banks and update spreadsheets Still to do
    Check seedlings Done
    Cut some salad leaves Not done
    Not sure if this will drop off the list due to hospital visit which will take ages (it is about an hour's drive each way if the traffic isn't great :() but I want to repot my little tomato plants, and also organise the rest of the large pots in the garden. I will need to empty one of the compost bins, and calculate how much more bought compost I will need, if any. More excitingly, I will also plan what to plant in each of the pots :)Definitely not done - parking at the hospital was a nightmare, as was the traffic - had enough after that :(

Anyway, better get in the shower and then tackle the washing up, been sitting here long enough!
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    Morning every-one

its freezing here

back to work i go dragging my handbag along the path lol

Todays list

meal in slow cooker
    prep next 2 nights teas
    wash on
    hoover
    check banking
    use up voucher for nails
    i must do paper work !!!

talk soon xxxx lppxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    * Escaping on the ferry to Rothesay to clear my mind and perhaps see some porpoises or the Orcas if we're lucky. Taking a flask.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Tuesday Penny Savers,
    Useful sort of day so far, though it's just started chucking it down with rain, so that's probably the end of my garden efforts for today.
    *Made a nice salad from leftover bits & bobs, including some feta which needed using & half a tin of l/o cannellini beans.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Planted 2 dozen baby lettuces out into the bed I dug over & prepped yesterday.
    *Potted up 2 more trays of flower seedlings (all from free seeds), & the trays I've put them in are all recycled ones from buying things like mushrooms, meat, etc (though I would much rather buy this stuff without the accompanying plastic).
    *Sorted out a tricky ebay transaction, which involved taking down a load of listings & re-submitting as a composite auction lot. Customer did buy, however, & has already paid. Will package it all up for posting this afternoon, as I have a box & some padding I can recycle.
    *Weigh a couple of other ebay sales. I noticed the same buyer has bid on both of them, so I may as well be ready to combine postage when the auction ends.
    *Sort out the fridge. There are deli meats in there coming up to their use-by date tomorrow & I may need to freeze some of them. Also, I put a single pepper on the shopping list this week & mr f bought a whole bag as it was cheaper. That's fine, I like a bargain, but they will need to be sliced & frozen as no further peppers required this week & I am not wasting them.
    *Making one of Madhur Jaffrey's recipes for leftover meat curry tonight. Using roast pork which I diced & froze last time we had a pork shoulder.
    *Start crocheting my little blanket squares together, as they are all knitted, edged, ends sewn in & ready to go. (Use-up project from my stash).
    *Finished my bicycle research today. Have chosen one & hopefully will be able to order it today. This sounds spendy, doesn't it? It isn't though, it's a gift.
    Well, I can finally hear myself think. Someone further down our street has been chain sawing all morning & the endless noise of it has just about done my head in. So lovely now that it's stopped, but I bet he's just gone for a sandwich. Sexist of me to presume 'he', I am usually one to avoid this kind of stereotype.
    Right we are, Daffodils, am off to put the kettle on for some forgotten rose & lemonade tea I forgot I had in the cupboard, & to see what livestock is actually living in the fridge.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Small things buddies ;) Can I pick your brains please?
    I made a banana cake last night, its lovely and moist but its very sweet so for the next one I want to reduce the amount of sugar going into the recipe, if I do this do I need to increase any of the other ingredients or just keep the rest of the mixture the same quantities?
    Thanks in advance :)

I've halved the amount of sugar in muffins and things without any adverse effects - I would think it would be ok
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts