What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 23rd April?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi April Awesomees,

Just checking in. I'm still alive.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Work, work, work.

* Pay day. No time to spend anything!

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,143 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Friday Frugalistas,
    From the soggy Midlands, here are today's money saving bits & bobs:
    *Grocery shopping done at Aldi, Waitrose, local market & Wilko's. Subsidised stuff for a nice birthday meal by using some of last month's grocery underspend, which amazingly was £22.
    *My Big Budget Day, so have been hard at it since lunchtime. Think I have dealt with some challenges well - think I'll save that for updating my DFW diary.
    *Paid off a credit card we use only for planned spending (to maximise vouchers) in full.
    *New grocery budget tracker sheet for May started in my bullet diary.
    *Paid some gifted money from Mum & a little additional bit from the sale of some of my home made preserves over to the Loan Pay Down Fund.
    *Read energy meters & uploaded to website.
    *Had £5 leftover from last month's Personal Spends so added it to my secret tin.
    *Did a Prolific survey for £5. It didn't take that long, so worth a look if any of you do their surveys.
    *Entered 2 prize draws.
    *Paid another 4 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Made contingency birthday plans for a wet weather option. My choice of outing involves a 170-mile round trip & it isn't a good use of fuel to go all the way up there to find that we can't do what we wanted because of rain. If we do manage to go, we will be taking a picnic.
    *Big filing session.
    mr f's cooking night, so I shall be able to put the calculator & my household accounts book firmly away & have some leisure time in a bit - hair wash first - wherever we go tomorrow, I don't want to look like a cave woman.
    DawnW - Sorry you've been having a trying day. Hope things pick up.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone
    Been a productive day.
    Chilli made and in the slow cooker.
    Went out to do a few bits this morning-christening present bought, visited the docs to have bloods taken, not looking forward to next week as doc thinks I might have high cholesterol and that wasn't what he was originally testing for.
    Shopping done, minimal spends
    Spends book up to date
    Some cleaning done and hoovered downstairs
    RM survey items done and posted including the ones I was late on.
    Couple of presents wrapped
    DawnW I hope the day has gone smoothly and everything went okay with ur brother
    Working Mum great amount paid off ur debt this year and a great saving on food too.
    Think that's about it from me, have a great evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Very late post for me, so glad this week is over. Only silver lining is today is payday and I managed to see an old friend :D

Things for today:
    Work paid for lunch
    Friend provided mulitiple cuppas :D
    Payday shuffle done, pots topped up
    Made carcas for another bedroom unit, will finish tomorrow
    Used a gifted spicy lentil packet for tea. Hmm, now know why it was gifted :rotfl:
    Smalls has leftovers from earlier in week
    Fridge very bare, happy with that those as we have limped along the week without doing a shop. Have an online code for a shop on Monday if I can work out how to redeem the bloody thing
    Quick flylady of kitchen
    DH working late, hoping he'll get some Ot
    Not think about a rubbish thing at work that I have the joy of on monday

Dawn hope today was ok
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Thanks for all your kind comments yesterday. I got through the day ok. Poor night's sleep again though, and I woke up with a headache that I can't seem to shake off. OH has gone to see my brother today, to take him the gas and electricity key card things that I topped up for him this morning, and return his bank card. DD and children came round earlier, so I need to get off my behind and tidy up in a minute. I have managed a few things other than running around after my brother and baby wrangling though :D

Cleaned out the filters in the dishwasher after the latest load came out almost as dirty as it went in :( Filled up the salt reservoir thing, and run a dishwasher cleaner through it at a high temp. Hopefully that will sort it out!
    Washed up the items from the dishwasher in the sink
    Walked into town to get stuff for my brother, instead of driving, to clear my head a bit. Felt better for the exercise :)
    Made soup from one of the cauliflowers I got from the market the other day - made it like broccoli and stilton soup (as I had a small chunk of stilton to use) but with cauliflower instead. Worked fine, in fact DD thought it was one of the nicest soups she had tasted - not bad considering it was really just an experiment :)
    Put some chicken in the SC to make a pie filling for tomorrow - the tarragon in the garden is coming up, and I wanted to use some. Chicken pie with tarragon sounds good :)
    Managed a NSD - only spent my brother's money on stuff for him :)

OH is back now, apparently brother is a lot better and was cooking himself a meal in the SC, so with any luck I won't need to go round tomorrow :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening all. Where is everyone, hope you're all ok. Today:

Dyed my hair
    Kneaded a sourdough
    Made a shopping list and went to mr m, don't normally shop there but ours has recently been extended so thought I'd try. Was quite impressed. Had run out of lots of staples so wasn't the cheapest but probably cheaper than else where
    Planted last two fruit trees
    Drilled holes in other planter, will plant up tomorrow
    DH made last of furniture. All clothes put away :j:j:j:j made me realise that DH really don't have many and we may need to put some money aside to get a few bits at some point. Nothing rash.
    Walked with a friend. Got wet feet. Converse had gone through the sole :eek: I've had my monies worth but could do with not replacing this month. I now have my gym trainers or flip flops. Hmm. Let's hope the sunshine's :rotfl:
    Looking to put a few bits on my wish list for when people ask about my birthday.
    Set washing to do overnight
    Made plan of what I need to batch cook tomorrow
  • redpantsandjam
    Options
    OK, so a bit of a newbie to this board. -waves-

So, I've decided to try and get my debt under control. So, today.

*Downloaded my credit report from Noddle and totalled up my debt.
    *Drawn up a Debt Clearance Tracker in my planner.
    *Downloaded the Budget Boot Camp from The Busy Budgeter.
    *Worked through a budget plan on the Money Advice Service.

Will be tracking all income and expenditure next week.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D Boo hoo I've got to go to work. I offered to do the shift for my colleague as she had messed up her holiday request and is going away today and not tomorrow. Regret it massively now! Anyhow...

* Have logged on & done banking
    * received £10.41 in interest :D shuffled that over to xmas food savings pot :D
    * my lunch is lo stroganoff, rice & veg. Will take fruit and yogurt for snacks
    * hang up washing, put another load on & instruct oh to hang when dry
    * seeds tonight
    * NSD? Hope so!
    * hope today is busy!
    * going to continue with my shirt to peplum blouse refashion this evening :D

That's all I can think of right now! Better start getting ready
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: today is about getting ahead for the week whilst getting some relaxing time in too so I will be:

Batch cooking;
    Enchiladas
    Cauli and brocolli bake
    Quiche
    Boleganse sauce

I’ll also make;
    Bake sourdough loaf
    Stuff for today’s roast dinner
    Some kind of biscuit/cake

One load of washing on the line another in the machine
    Get ready for school, check homework is done
    DH and I to the gym
    Quick tidy round
    Try and order some shoes
    Text friend see if she is around later for a catch up
    Plant a few seeds
    Work out what I need to fill 3 hanging baskets.

Right, off to research shoes. Have a good day folks. Hope work isn’t too bad determined
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Morning all!
    Small things this week:
    Make tiny rounding down payments to all accounts
    Tidy garden
    Plant some chilli seeds
    Cook sourdough loaf
    Do some exercise every day even if it's just walking the length of a few extra bus stops
    Do more fleabay listings
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family