Options

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2018 at 5:11PM
    Options
    What does it mean?
    I can't work out if it means-I love you too much to discuss something that would mean the end of us. Or
    Your dreams aren't that important to me, I want to maintain the status quo that keeps ME happy.

I'm genuinely puzzled- couldn't it be either- or neither!
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    He was well aware that my dreams included Portugal. I already had tried to talk to him about it, as a holiday home, keeping our feet here in the UK. But he has never been interested.
    So I presume that he believes that if I do get my dreams of a property there then I will have to go it alone. Despite the fact he has chosen to holiday there with me for the last 14 years.

I am not in a good place in my head today.
    But I am going to have to make a decision as to what I am doing because I'm not happy, I'm not doing things for the same reasons I started them for.
    I am reluctant to burn my boats but today I feel he probably has pushed me away once too often.
    Not being able to talk to me on a video link was really kin to a nail in the coffin.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    It's over! (Again!)
    This is definitely a year of change.
    He sent the good byes after an hour of texting. Yes you read that right.
    All done via texts.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sorry to read this Mooloo - but not really surprised. You've been along this path before, and you know that you can cope. You are a strong woman and follow your dreams xx
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Aw, Mooloo, that's sad, what a !!!!! of a day.
    Here's hoping that once the initial sadness eases, life is a bit easier.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear this.
    As has been said you can cope.
    Keep plodding.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I feel sad yes. But not surprised. He will at least have family around him this time. So I don't feel so worried about him this time.
    I have to think forward and with no regrets this time.
    I know I did my best and gave every chance over the years.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I feel sad yes. But not surprised. He will at least have family around him this time. So I don't feel so worried about him this time.
    I have to think forward and with no regrets this time.
    I know I did my best and gave every chance over the years.

& you could do no more.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry Mooloo. But you will be okay. I know you love him, but the relationship always seemed to need so much hard work on your part :(
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Spent 15 minutes writing a post that disappeared.
    Not got time to re write it now!
    The gist was that I am closing the door on one chapter of my life and opened the door to the next one.
    That I will follow my mantra and
    I will manage it.
    I have Mum today and Fashion to create outcof some unique fabric.
    I choose not to wallow or anything else over what ifs etc
    It is what it is. No more hard work or second guessing.
    Time to get up.
    See you through the next chapter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure