Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• MarkT1
    MarkT1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    that's a bit cheeky, I hope you told them where to put it

Yep, offer accepted and new mortgage application accepted subject to valuation on a new property, no way am I paying towards the sellers fees I have my own to pay! Just waiting for colleys to book the valuation again, I've lost the original survey fee but have ended up with a much nicer house as long as it all goes well.
  • frogandcount
    Options
    :j:rotfl:Am really excited right now. have just had a call from my MA saying i have a mortgage offer and its in the post.:rotfl::j
    although i know there is still a lot of work to do before we get the keys i can't help being totally excited.

Now feeling down again. have letter of mortgage offer from the bank but they want an electrical survey to be carried out. :( hoping it comes back ok as can't afford lots of work. and any work has to be carried out before the bank will release the funds.
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    I am very stressed at the moment waiting for our mortgage decision.

Natwest made a mistake with our application and on Wed they said it has been escalated to the managers and will be given high priority due to it being there fault. I rang to ask about progress as it was meant to be high priority only to be told we should have an answer by close of business Monday. That seems to me the normal timescale of any application :( so feel very frustrated. One plus side is everyone has been really nice on the customer helpline.
  • damianmcr
    damianmcr Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    On the 9th our Mortgage Advisor told us everything was good subject to survey. That's taken place and the mortgage offer was posted today. Hope it comes tomorrow. I'll be stalking the postman.
  • herbalizer
    Options
    We started our application process with Nationwide via our broker on the 5th June. They have asked for loads of extra documents form me. i presume because i have a fixed term contract which is renewed on a yearly basis. i work for a Welsh Government funded employment project and thats the way this type of work is.

hopeful of hearing next week, everything they have asked for I have provided the same day, i think they are just being cautious as my salary is the main income on the house. We're supposed to be meeting the sales agent from the estate on Tuesday to choose our colour schemes etc. It's hard to get excited about stuff when we are still awaiting a decision.
  • frogandcount
    Options
    feel like time is dragging applied for a mortgage with leeds building society via broker. but it feels like every time we get good news that things have progressed we get bad news that something else needs sorting.
  • carguy143
    carguy143 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well my advisor called today saying that NatWest issued a mortgage offer last Thursday. Now I just need to wait for it to arrive!
  • charliewocka
    charliewocka Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Still waiting for our let to buy appeal. We submitted the appeal last Tuesday and have been told 7 days so hoping we hear back tomorrow. I am not concentrating on anything at all today just waiting for something to appear in my inbox. I'm on edge! Doesn't help that Mr FW is currently en route to the US so I'm waiting this out on my own! :(
  • superfast808
    Options
    Not quite awaiting the decision yet, but thought I'd join in.

Buying parents house - concessionary purchase. They previously pulled out but this time its all go.

Time line so far -

31/05/15 - Decided to purchase parent's house on a concessionary basis.
    03/06 - Approached Broker for information on how this works.
    04/06 - Made offer of 75k to my parents for their house. They agreed to drop 10% as a concession. So require concessionary mortgage. Accepted.
    04/06 - Visited advisor to go through affordability and so on. Advised she was going on holiday so no progress until 17/06
    17/06 - Advisor calls to tell me I have a AIP with Abbey (Santander)
    24/06 - AIP to go to FMA. Nervous as anything about this. Advisor assures me not to worry as I should have a good case based on affordability.
  • mrstick
    mrstick Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sparkle15 wrote: »
    I am very stressed at the moment waiting for our mortgage decision.

Natwest made a mistake with our application and on Wed they said it has been escalated to the managers and will be given high priority due to it being there fault. I rang to ask about progress as it was meant to be high priority only to be told we should have an answer by close of business Monday. That seems to me the normal timescale of any application :( so feel very frustrated. One plus side is everyone has been really nice on the customer helpline.

Glad it's not just us that NatWest have been messing around for the last couple of weeks!

Ours finally went through to the offers team and they are expecting to send out our offer by close of business tomorrow...

Now if Santander can just pull their fingers out and sort of purchase mortgage...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback