Cancel Easyjet flight

I have a flight booked with easy jet for next week, however I am not going now. Does anyone know how I cancel this and what it will cost me, will I get my money back?

I can't find anything on their site and don't really want to phone a help line.

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Most " budget " airlines don't allow cancellations, not 100% sure about Easyjet, but I suspect that you will lose all monies paid if you don't fly.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Easyjet flights are non refundable. The only thing you can claim is the taxes, but you have to pay an admin charge to do this, which is often more than the taxes itself.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • LilMissEmmylou
    LilMissEmmylou Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    you can pay £15 to deffer the flight if you think you will use it sometime soon. But if the flight was less than £15 its not worth it.
  • dmg24
    you can pay £15 to deffer the flight if you think you will use it sometime soon. But if the flight was less than £15 its not worth it.

Not quite as simple as that I'm afraid.

You can't defer the flight as such, however you could reschedule your current flight. If you did reschedule, this would be subject to an admin fee of £17.50 if done online, or £20 through the call centre. You would then also have to pay any difference between the old fare and the new fare.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • headcoat
    headcoat Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the advice, the flight cost around £100 for two with taxes etc. So I guess I just cut my losses on this one and let easyjet sell the seat again.
  • You could try searching for Easyjet on this website. The alternative numbers may be of some help.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php
  • Torby
    Torby Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    you can claim back the taxes....but its a long struggle...they dont make it easy for you....or as someone says....you could rebook the flight for later on in the year when it suits....chances are flight will be cheaper....or you coukld pay to have a name change and sell the flight to somone else?
    I'm now a retired teacher... hooray ...:j

Those who can do, those who can't, come to me for lessons:cool:

• dmg24
    Torby wrote: »
    you can claim back the taxes....but its a long struggle...they dont make it easy for you....or as someone says....you could rebook the flight for later on in the year when it suits....chances are flight will be cheaper....or you coukld pay to have a name change and sell the flight to somone else?

Actually it is now pretty simple with Easyjet. You will get a £10 refund per person.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If OP does not turn up for their flight - then Easyjet can't sell it on, so won't make any more money, in fact they will probably lose some as OP won't be charged for in flight drinks and refreshments etc etc.
    If they cancel they give Easyjet an easy option to double their money for no risk.

I know which I would do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport