NHS Penalty Charge Notice received

Options

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i use bold because i am registered blind.
    i can't read the bold, but i can distinguish between it and normal type.
    it enables me to carry on with a thread from the point i left it and not have to re read the whole thing ( speaking software has a most annoying voice, so i listen to it as little as possible)
    so I'm sorry for annoying you, but i don't really care
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with the speaking software having very annoying voice - I trained on a few of those some time ago, hoped they got better but perhaps not.

I do not have to agree with your views though and as it a public forum - we are each entitled to our own and expressing those.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is the benefit board.
    it is there to help and advise people that have benefit queries.
    we have explained the difference between entitlement for those on costs based and income brelated benefit.
    we are not discussing policy.
    the place for that is in discussion time
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh, so there is "we" and "me" on here then...

I do apologise....for intruding...lol

byeeeeeeeeeeee
  • peter999
    peter999 Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yup, if you work - pay taxes/NI (to support the non working by choice ones), pay travel, commute for hours, have no life as you are too shattered AND remember to save for when things get rough one day....as you won't get the same help as those who never bothered....

Yawnnnnn seriously....
    I do not need explanation on how the system "is as it is" - I know how the system is/works and I am saying it is simply not right.
    I do not read Daily Mail at all - I see with my own eyes what is going on.

Glad you dropped the bold.. accidentally but still - easier on the eyes...please do not edit
    I agree with the speaking software having very annoying voice - I trained on a few of those some time ago, hoped they got better but perhaps not.

I do not have to agree with your views though and as it a public forum - we are each entitled to our own and expressing those.
    oh, so there is "we" and "me" on here then...

I do apologise....for intruding...lol

byeeeeeeeeeeee
    This is about the OP, not you.

It's not about discussing benefits policy here, otherwise you have people causing trouble & completely diverting threads with ignorant "opinions".
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    peter999 wrote: »
    You could have loads of money in bank and get Contribution Based JSA, as it is not dependent on income or savings.

Unless you are in receipt of a private or occupational pension, then, despite having paid NICs for the past xx years, they deduct JSA(CB) £for£ after the first £50 or so.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If the OP has limited income he can apply for help with NHS charges.

He can claim a refund of any charges paid for up to three months.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/nhs-low-income-scheme.aspx

Those in receipt of IR JSA do not need to apply as they have already been assessed to receive the benefit.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 March 2015 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Opportunity? Everyone has the opportunity to work.. unless disabled/unwell.

So the working ones pay taxes/NI and have to make provisions for themselves in case of hard times.

The non working ones....on the other hand....

Amazing really.. no wonder things are as they are :cool:

So the disabled can't work?

Interesting as I am unfortunate enough to be disabled but fortunate enough to work.

My taxes go to those that cannot support themselves, they do not go in a pot for me to use when I see fit, other than perhaps a state pension should I be lucky enough to still get one!

Should I claim benefits at a later date, it will be someone elses taxes that will support me as those paid by me will be long spent.

Those on conts based JSA tend to have a partner etc in work which is why there are two levels so to speak of awards and as such have extra income possibly from the partner, hence why they do not get income related JSA..
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I also am disabled (with a disabled child) and work full time.. Being disabled and being able to work are not mutually exclusive.
  • cosmicgirl8
    Options
    I am completely with you on this. Why would the government decide that two identically named benefits were not BOTH entitling claimants to free treatment unless it was to deliberately claim more revenue in the form of penalty charges? I was misled by a receptionist; i was NOT told to read the form. In fact I went in with the INTENTION of paying as I had only been made unemployed two days' prior. I was still in a state of shock and as I was handed the form to sign, the stupid receptionist was TALKING to me about when I could make my next appointment so not only did she mislead me, she distracted me also. I am now at the stage of taking this to the ombudsman. It is a disgrace especially when there are elderly people getting confused and caught out and many people who do not have English as their first language.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure