Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,418 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad PE was free to you.
    Boo to them being so slow.
    Double boo to OH.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Woman from Barnardos came out to see us yesterday. It wasn't exactly what we were led to believe it was, as it's more about 1:1 support than a meeting group for Young Carers, though they do have the odd residential trip etc. I was worried when I fed that back to DS1 he wouldn't want to go ahead, but he's agreed to meet the Support Worker and find out more :j. He meets her next week. It's quite good timing actually as I went to a SATS meeting at his school last night too, and it's all sounding very pressurised and difficult for them :eek:.

DH is not good. He had more waves last night and again this morning. He was super confused this morning and didn't know where he was etc. Added to that, DS2 woke up crying with toothache so we've had to go to the dentist. Gutted to find out that he has a hole in his tooth which has become infected. He's on antibiotics and has to have to tooth removed in a couple of weeks :(. He has always had perfect teeth and hasn't even lost any baby teeth yet, so this has come as a shock.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Boo to OH not being so good & to DS & his tooth.
    Hope that you enjoy family fun Fri.day though if you manage to do anything.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Boo to OH not being so good & to DS & his tooth.
    Hope that you enjoy family fun Fri.day though if you manage to do anything.

Seconded from me too

xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Morning!

DH has continued to have waves on and off throughout Friday and Saturday. It's been about 10 days in a row now which is more than 'usual'.

DS2 has responded well to the antibiotics and hasn't had any pain relief for 24 hours :T.

I've been feeling poorly and I haven't got time for that :(.

Moneywise, yesterday was a NSD :j. I used my 'Friday Fiver' that I normally pay off the credit card to sponsor my friend to do a zip wire across the Tyne in memory of my Goddaughter. Wish I could have done it for more than a fiver but it was all I had left :(.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Lucky that fiver from you means the world I am sure, to your lovely friend. Sometimes people can afford to give £50 sometimes we give £5. Every single penny counts don't forget.

Sorry about DH and his waves on top you feeling rotten! that isn't fair.

We all looked after our teeth when we are little but mum was so worried when one little brother had a similar problem to DS2 - at least its a milk one. I hope it doesn't put him off dentists though.

I hope that DS1 does get the support and perhaps one on one means he can be a little more open than in a group setting.

Anyhow hope this week is a bit easier for you! xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hope you are doing ok Lucky :) XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,366 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Lucky - hope Mr Lucky is ok. Sorry to hear he's had some partial seizures and has been feeling off. Hope DS and you both feel better soon too. Nothing ever seems to run smoothly for long does it?

Here's to this week being a better one for you all.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Evening!

DH has been 24 hrs without any type of seizure :T.

Today has been a NSD :j.

I only gained half a pound this week after copious amounts of birthday cake :D.

DS1 met with the Young Carer's Support Worker today and it went well :j:j.

Can you tell I'm feeling brighter?!

Hope everyone is well Xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    So pleased that you are a bit more like yourself :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback