Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Brilliant idea about the tougher case for the iPad, thank you. I'd never even heard of Griffin. Good idea about the restaurant vouchers too Sparky, thanks Xx

Snow has turned icy which is way less fun, however the main roads have now been gritted so are much better. My car has been recalled by the manufacturer due to an identified fault in the model, so I had to drive that to the garage this morning. I wasn't relishing the journey but it wasn't too bad actually. MiL picked us up and brought us back home, and I'm now waiting for a phone call to say we can go back to collect the car again. Hopefully early afternoon before school pick up!!

Had the gas and electricity yearly review through by email. :eek::eek:
    is about all I can say to that. I thought we had really cut back this year, but we are still well above average consumption. To be fair though, there is someone in a lot of the time so what is average for a working fanily isn't average for us. Depressing reading though.

Our energy review showed the same :cool: but like you someone is home most of the time, the washing has to be washed and dried, everyone needs to shower, eat and be warm..... I don't worry about "average" as we are far from that :rotfl:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Us too Mrs H, us too!!

Car has had faulty part replaced without problem. Family Fun Friday was swimming (DS2's turn to choose) which was good despite freezing our bottoms off when we got outside afterwards!

DH had a partial seizure tonight. No warning :(. Hope we make it through the night without a full one.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    No full seizure thankfully, but DH has been very tired today. Can cope with that though.

DS1 has been at a birthday party today and I've been at work tonight, but otherwise it's just been a quiet day. Not a NSD however as I needed a tin of tomatoes :mad:.

Both boys have separately complained about their shoes being too tight within the last 24 hours. Sigh. More expense.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to shoes.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ugh. Know how you feel re shoes. Crack down on uniform code at school (plus to be fair her boots have a hole on the sole (and they were her sister's previously ;)) so new pair purchased this month. Now need wellies..both DDs. Scouring EBay for these.

Hope OH gets more stable soon.

Brizzle

PS. Reckon a tin of toms doesn't really count, eh?? ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    oh lucky hope DH has made it through ok.

Sorry about the boys shoes too. This is why my mum never bought us expensive ones! Hope you can get a bargain xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hi Lucky, :hello:

Hope DH is ok..

Sounds like a very handsome birthday gift indeed for DS2, what a lucky lad he is!

Boo to kids' feet growing so fast (am grateful I no longer have that expense, it was a fight every time between what the boys wanted and what I could afford. DS2 called m' bluff once; announced he would go barefoot if he couldn't have the latest designer clompers.. That lasted half a day - until he trod on a centipede! :eek:)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Heh heh Robin, there's nothing like finding out first hand (foot?!) what perils no shoes will bring!! Brizzle, that's the problem, it's not just one pair each! It's school shoes, p.e trainers, trainers for home and then wellies too :eek:. So expensive!! It will have to all wait until next week though as I don't have enough money this week :(.

DH has been ok thank you Sparky, bit angry last night but ok. We didn't go far yesterday, just Mr A's for DS2 to choose a birthday cake (he decided on a Minion one :D) and then an afternoon of homework and a movie.

This morning we had a phonics meeting at DS2's school, which was more of an information gathering session really on how to help the children ahead of their tests in June. Then we went to the gym, walked MiL's dog and had lunch. I'm just about to wrap DS2's gifts for tomorrow and then it's pick up from school time, tea for the boys and parkour!
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 18 January 2016 at 9:24PM
    Options

We don't get much snow in the West Country so I am told, which I was a little sad about but hearing about your trip not so much! I hope pick up is easier. x

Depends on where in the West Country you are - some places get a lot more than others.

I'll go back to reading now. Xx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hoping we don't get any snow, dangers??? :eek: I don't have time tomorrow for tricky driving conditions... hope the forecast is kind to us.

Wellies purchased from Bay of E.

Parkour...sounds brilliant fun. Rather jealous of your two!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback