Crystals and meditation

Options
Sorry wasn't sure what topic to put this under. I'm looking for some help to calm my anger and think meditating will help. I've been accused of being a negative/angry person too so I'm hoping the meditating and positiveness from crystals will help but I'm clueless in this field. Any links/websites would be very appreciated.
I've looked on you tube but I'm not sure what video is best for me. I want to be more positive, calmer and have a fresh outlook on life.

Comments

• BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    if you have a local buddhist centre, or tai chi classes, meditation will be taught.

crystals I'm less convinced by....
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Are these accusations against you coming from one or two people (ie their subjective opinion) or from people generally (probably objective fact then)?

It's not clear from what you say whether you have a problem or they do iyswim.

So - have you established the truth (or otherwise) of this - or you are taking their word for it from just one or two people or a noticeable number of people (but that wouldnt apply if you were somewhere else in the country - so it's a local opinion and not an objective opinion they're expressing)?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you am alternative therapy type person or are you avoiding having counselling?
  • luckybert
    luckybert Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 May 2018 at 11:36PM
    Options
    To be honest, it's come from one or two people. Most people who know me know what I'm like but my girlfriend of 3 years (who has issues from previous partners) says I'm angry and negative to live with. I lose my temper (like the next person) and so am trying to not get frustrated with fellow road users, not to fly off the handle when something falls out of the cupboard and to embrace some crystals to make me be a more positive person.

I'm just looking for some good meditative videos to make me react calmer.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Options
    I'm generally a fairly calm, non-confrontational and easygoing person, but it's honestly never occurred to me that crystals would be any help at all in those situations where I'm likely to swear.

Anger management may be the slightly less 'alternative' thing you're looking for. There's information here about it, more here, and probably pages and pages more if you just google it.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Anger management may be the slightly less 'alternative' thing you're looking for.

I would go with this over chanting at rocks. :cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I'm generally a fairly calm, non-confrontational and easygoing person, but it's honestly never occurred to me that crystals would be any help at all in those situations where I'm likely to swear.

I think the idea is that you throw the rocks really hard at whoever has annoyed you and it makes you feel better.
  • davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    luckybert wrote: »
    am trying to not get frustrated with fellow road users,

It's not about getting there first, it's about getting there with the lowest blood pressure.

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    If it!!!8217;s just getting angry with !!!8220; objects!!!8221; that!!!8217;s one thing, if you are getting angry with people or making your girlfriend anxious and scared that!!!8217;s a whole other thing.
    Suppressed anger can be the cause of depression, why not speak to your doctor.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Crystals won't do anything to help your state of mind, they are just inanimate lumps. Salt is a crystal!

You'd be better off going to your GP and asking about what anger management or other talking therapies to help you manage your behaviour are available in your area.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure