PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It was a veggie day today - ricotta, lemon & courgette pasta for lunch. Dinner was a veggie chilli made with TVP served with rice.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Witless wrote: »
    'twas the best of times ... 'twas the worst of times ...

Not technically a 'bad' day when weighed in the great balance, but certainly not the best I've ever had by a long chalk.

Allied to a bad attack of CBA it was time for comfort food ... without cooking.

Dinner was ... *hangs head in shame* ... 2 sausage roll sandwiches with the butter melted into the brown (HP of course) sauce.

Not a culinary masterpiece ... but just what I needed and certainly hit the spot!
    :)

Hope tomorrow is a better day, sometimes you need a good portion of comfort food.

Trying to meal plan for tomorrow, though OH said he'll prob just have toast so I shall see what I can forage in the freezer for one.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Witless Hope today is better and that you enjoyed your sausage roll sarnie ;)

Sausages here tonight, sausage and mash for the men, sausage pepperata, sliced sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes slow cooked with some garlic and a glug of sherry for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • creative_gal
    creative_gal Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Chilli con carne, about one of my only fully planned meals for this week. I'll serve it with rice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    He Who Knows is going fishing today so he's got a sweet potato falafel wrap and other things for a packed lunch and I will fridge forage for my lunch and use up some 'ends'.

Supper this evening will be some YS cheese and broccoli burgers I found in the Co-Op yesterday in wholemeal rolls with a lovely mixed salad and some new potatoes. Berries and Greek yoghurt for pudding and our usual cup of black coffee.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Really fancied boiled eggs and soldiers for lunch today, so that's what I had. Dinner tonight will be pork sausages, with jersey royals and beans - nice and easy as intend to spend some time in the garden this afternoon...
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Salmon fillet with baby potatoes, home grown asparagus and the last of last year’s green beans. Fruit plate for dessert :)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Undecided on what I'm going to eat today. Feeling bleurgh :(

There's a turkey drumstick in one sc and a gammon joint in the other, which my girls can have when they finish work - or they still have some curry left over. I might settle for an omelette perhaps.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OH had a fish pie, I had a fish cake with minted peas and new potatoes.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We had fish pie with courgette, green beans & peas. Really enjoyed it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback