Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A new start sounds like the best thing for you Munchin and you are so lucky to have a supportive family.

You're bound to have ups and downs but it sounds mainly positive.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's good to hear, Munchin. New beginnings for you :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning,

I had a lovely leaving day yesterday. I had a bun party in the morning and received a card and some money. Then lunch out and left just after 3 and friend/colleague went to pub for a teeny ..soda water and lime :). Picked up sis and kiddies at airport. Still in bed with dog on one side and niece on the other:D

I think the frivolous spending is over. I do have a spendy day today as I’m going to beauticians but I think that is it. I also plan on returning clothes I ordered. I’ve reviewed budget and tweaked where I can. I plan to put less into my emergency fund for a while but I have a policy maturing next year that should boost the pot and I can then build on that.

Plans today - Beauticians. Heading to volunteer thing to pick up some stuff for a meeting on Tuesday. Sorting house out for a Halloween party:).

Weekly spends - w/c 28th Oct

Sun 28 -
    Mon 29 -
    Tues 30 -
    Wed 31 -
    Thurs 01 -
    Fri 02 -
    Sat 03 -

Total - £xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good leaving do and well done on returning the clothes.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    edited 19 December 2018 at 11:57AM
    Options
    Morning,

Yesterday I felt a bit meh..felt off all day. We had Halloween party the night before & it was good. The rest of my family found out about OH & I and I was getting the sympathetic looks etc. It was fine until it got a bit too much. I know it was for the best but now starting to think back to the good times we had and it’s also quite sad but that’s understandable....

Anyway back to budgets - I want to start having more sinking funds for things that are not due now but will need to be done in the future -
    • Car replacement - aim £6,000
    • Emergency fund - aim £6,000
    Probably more funds required for other things but brain not quite in gear yet. I probably can’t start funding house & car until holiday fund is complete. I have an emergency fund pot that has been raided so many times it’s embarrassing :o. I have a fully funded Xmas fund which is good and I have a good bit of holiday fund covered.

So let’s say I would like £12,000 in savings and if I add my debt them I need £18,000 ...wow - if I continue with debt & saving payments then it should take me 3 years to have the savings I need and the debt all gone.. hopefully less than 2 years for debt.

My eating was up the left the last few days so need to focus on that today.

Niece and I are watching CBBC this morning.[/FONT]
  • Munchin
    Options
    Weekly spends - w/c 28th Oct

Sun 28 - £9 coffees etc at play centre with sis & £13 Asda
    Mon 29 -
    Tues 30 -
    Wed 31 -
    Thurs 01 -
    Fri 02 -
    Sat 03 -

Total - £22
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    You have some good money goals there, Munchin :)

It will get easier about OH. You're bound to have mixed emotions which change from one day to the next and that's okay. People mean well but sometimes they can make us feel worse :o
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Things are getting a bit heated in old Munchin Mummy towers this morning. I'm trying to hang on to the phrase 'Not my circus; Not my monkeys'. Sister (1) doesn't say no to her kids and they are a bit …..spoilt ...anyhow she's starting to unravel a wee bit. Sister (2) has a teenager to contend with and he didn't go to work this morning and could lose his job. Mum is getting upset in the middle of it all and I have hid in a room out of the way. I suppose things like this will encourage me to find my own place sooner rather than later. Sisters don't live here so by tomorrow it will be peace and calm again. Families ..you got to love them :).

Spending fast starts tomorrow. Everything I ordered in my mini spending spree last week has arrived and is swiftly heading back. Money is going to be tight as I have to pay double my fuel costs with my new job but I will get train card money back....eventually to cover this expense.

I need to start preparing for new job as I was given some reading material to start with but to be honest I've only glanced at it. I have work clothes ironed this morning and just need to get tidying. Plans today - volunteer thing at 2pm and then yoga at 7pm. Bed early for new job tomorrow. I don't start until 9am but not sure how to judge the traffic.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

Watching the Great British bake off final :). I’m all ready for work and have lunch and snacks ready in fridge.

I’m a bit late following ‘Penny Golightly’ tenner a week challenge but going to give it a go. I know I have to buy diesel tmw but that is separate - kind of interested to see how far I can make the fuel go. I’m out of cereal bars and would like to pick up a box but other than that I don’t need to spend any money until Sat.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    All the best for the new job today, Munchin. You'll be fab :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts