I’m taking control of my life, now.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay to the new figure, looking good :)

I love stocking up, you did well at Iceland and Aldi, well done.

You must've needed the sleep, so that's not a bad thing, you must've needed to recharge.
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    [*]Wasted most of my day off by sleeping.

Its not a waste - you obviously needed it - you listened to your body and are now fully recharged :)

I love daffs and crocus too - I only have a few daffs but when they appear its gives me a sense of inspiration .... newness .. if you get what i mean... forgive me its very early !!
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yay to the new figure, looking good :)

I love stocking up, you did well at Iceland and Aldi, well done.

You must've needed the sleep, so that's not a bad thing, you must've needed to recharge.

I was feeling bad about it,,and you've made me feel better, thank you :A
    Its not a waste - you obviously needed it - you listened to your body and are now fully recharged :)

I love daffs and crocus too - I only have a few daffs but when they appear its gives me a sense of inspiration .... newness .. if you get what i mean... forgive me its very early !!

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was standing at the window about a month ago when the shoots were really starting to come up, enthusing about the miracle of Mother Nature. Every spring I am amazed that she has managed to do the same thing all over again, and despite all the horrible things that happen in the world, the birds still sing, and we still get beautiful flowers.

The husband just laughed at me :rotfl:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Love your thread, Paws. Hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride. Now I want a new ironing board. :p
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm jealous of your flowers! :) We only have a few coming up and no sign of flowering yet. Will have to plant more in the autumn.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Never mind the wires, you've RUN OUT OF TEABAGS. Priorities.

Shame on you Paws - one of the fundamental rules of the diary board is NEVER RUN OUT OF TEABAGS. Or if it's not, it should be. :D

Hurrah for sleep and burstingly full freezers though - both sound good to me. And :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at the cat. Not going there with "fiddled with the wires" :eek::eek:

Many years ago, not long after we moved in where we are now, we "guerilla gardened" and buried a load of crocus bulbs in the lawn outside - this is a bit of ground that we have NO business planting anything in - and they came up and looked glorious for a few years before seemingly either dying off or being pinched by someone - not sure which. MrEH noticed yesterday that there are nice little splashes of purple all over the place out there again which is exceedingly cheery! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not popped in for a while.

Sleep all day sounds inviting to me at this moment , first day back at work after 5 days off.

Your debt figure is decreasing which is great.
    Freezer full of food,drinks stash and spring flowers who would want more.

Have a great day
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Love your thread, Paws. Hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride. Now I want a new ironing board. :p

I'm always do pleased and flattered when people post, thank you. A warning though, anyone who posts here gets quietly stalked by me :D
    sashybo wrote: »
    I'm jealous of your flowers! :) We only have a few coming up and no sign of flowering yet. Will have to plant more in the autumn.

I do need to do the back garden in general Autumn too. No doubt you'll be inspiring me then.
    Shame on you Paws - one of the fundamental rules of the diary board is NEVER RUN OUT OF TEABAGS. Or if it's not, it should be. :D

Hurrah for sleep and burstingly full freezers though - both sound good to me. And :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at the cat. Not going there with "fiddled with the wires" :eek::eek:

Many years ago, not long after we moved in where we are now, we "guerilla gardened" and buried a load of crocus bulbs in the lawn outside - this is a bit of ground that we have NO business planting anything in - and they came up and looked glorious for a few years before seemingly either dying off or being pinched by someone - not sure which. MrEH noticed yesterday that there are nice little splashes of purple all over the place out there again which is exceedingly cheery! :T

Very cheery indeed. :D

I'm sorry to have worried you all about the teabags.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »

I'm sorry to have worried you all about the teabags.

Het hem! and the FIDDLING WITH THE WIRES :eek: !
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Not popped in for a while.

Sleep all day sounds inviting to me at this moment , first day back at work after 5 days off.

Your debt figure is decreasing which is great.
    Freezer full of food,drinks stash and spring flowers who would want more.

Have a great day

Hello Cumbria Lass, :hello:I'll see across your way soon
    Het hem! and the FIDDLING WITH THE WIRES :eek: !

Right, no more talk of wires, it makes me nervous
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family