IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking Ignoring Whitelist?!

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send a SAR to Smart Parking, asking for all data held about you/the car/the whitelist.

Do that now, no waiting. Search the forum for SAR and you'll find example wording.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pblinder
    Pblinder Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone.

We didn!!!8217;t see the reply about an SAR letter and will definitely do so when we come back from holiday.

I!!!8217;ve just had an email from the management of my student accommodation stating smart parking are upholding the charges and that we should !!!8216;pay to avoid further charges!!!8217; as they are !!!8216;appealing but may take some time!!!8217;

Am I wrong in thinking they should be dealing with this matter entirely?
    It seems as though my accommodation has either messed up or smart parkings database for the whitelist has.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid the littering of your posts with !!!!8217; and the like, as every apostrophe and some other punctuations convert to exclamation marks and numbers.

Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no detrimental affect on any other use of the keyboard
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Pblinder
    Options
    Really didn't help my actual problem though
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 June 2018 at 2:54PM
    Options
    Pblinder wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

We didn!!!8217;t see the reply about an SAR letter and will definitely do so when we come back from holiday.

I've just had an email from the management of my student accommodation stating smart parking are upholding the charges and that we should pay to avoid further charges as they are appealing but may take some time.

Am I wrong in thinking they should be dealing with this matter entirely?
    It seems as though my accommodation has either messed up or smart parking's database for the whitelist has.

The current charge is zero. Further charges will also be zero. You should point out to the management the comments by MPs. Showing them the response from your MP may help if he/she supports you.
    As well as a SAR to the scammers, you should ask who the management's data controller is, in writing, and then send them a SAR about the data they hols (whitelist) and when they first recorded your data.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Really didn't help my actual problem though

But it helps us to read clearly. We read hundreds of posts a day, and when we have to try to decipher words which are broken by !!!8217; everywhere throughout the text block, it becomes a real (literal) headache.

Help those from whom you want help and who want to help you. It's a two-way process.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Pblinder
    edited 7 June 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    I'm not going to argue with someone when I'm trying to enjoy my holiday and you provided no advice along with your comment.

Being pedantic doesn't help new users, or trying to make them feel inferior to yourself. If you have any advice or helpful tips then please do reply. If not, don't stress yourself.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I'm not going to argue with someone when I'm trying to enjoy my holiday and you provided no advice along with your comment.

Being pedantic doesn't help new users, or trying to make them feel inferior to yourself. If you have any advice or helpful tips then please do reply. If not, don't stress yourself.

Touchy or what?

Enjoy your holiday! :)

• Pblinder
    Options
    Thank you.
    Maybe next time I'll invite the CEO of smart parking. It might loosen him up.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 June 2018 at 3:01PM
    Options

My advice is help us to help you. We are doing this for free, and Umkomaas is a very experienced and valued member of this forum.
    You have been politely asked twice to tidy up your posts to make them easier for the regulars to read, but comments like the ones you have just made make me less inclined to give up my time to help people like you.

I hope you enjoy your holiday.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts