2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Yesterday my bestie came round for the day and we sat with ds and had a good chat about everything. We took his phone and xbox and they are having a holiday at her house ;)

I can switch off the internet but his phone has 4g / unlimited data so makes no difference. His Dad pays for his phone and is already not happy that I've taken it. I said he can have it at his house but my house my rules ;)

Ds has been lovely since they've gone. Today we're going to Ikea for a mooch and meatballs, haven't been there for a while and fancy getting out for a bit. We're going on the train so ds is excited about that :)

Last night I decided to empty my £2 jar - I had been hoping for about £200 in it towards the holiday - anyway, when I added it up there was ..........

£504 :eek: :eek: :eek: :j :j :j

I'm so happy and so unexpected. The £200 is going towards the holiday, not sure about the rest yet, some may go in my brothers fund, some towards holiday spends, not sure yet :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wowzers! well done you. That's one heavy bag of £2 coins. Enjoy planning your spends xxx
  • benbenandme
    Options
    We've been to the bank and paid it all in (£2's and the other coins), I had to pay it all in to ds account as they would only take 5 bags into an adults account, but unlimited into a childs ;) However, when I got home and tried to transfer it back to my account I realised I switched my current account from that bank and can only transfer from a childs account into an adults with the same bank, so will have to withdraw the cash at some point instead :cool: Still, at least it's counted and banked :T
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm glad DS has been lovely. Perhaps, in a round about way, he was looking for a 'way out' of contacting this ex-friend and by taking the x-box and phone you've given it to him. Maybe you both need some good quality time together doing things too, enjoy the train and IKEA.

Great news about the £2 pot! How about you put the £200 towards the holiday, £150 towards your borther's pot and go and have fun or be spendy with the £150 left over? It's money you never knew you had and I think you need to treat yourself a bit at the moment. It will boost your spirits somewhat.
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Brilliant news on the £2 pot Benben thats brilliant. Maybe a little treat for yourself out of it too xx
    Mummytogirls x

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MeandO wrote: »
    I'm glad DS has been lovely. Perhaps, in a round about way, he was looking for a 'way out' of contacting this ex-friend and by taking the x-box and phone you've given it to him. Maybe you both need some good quality time together doing things too, enjoy the train and IKEA.

Great news about the £2 pot! How about you put the £200 towards the holiday, £150 towards your borther's pot and go and have fun or be spendy with the £150 left over? It's money you never knew you had and I think you need to treat yourself a bit at the moment. It will boost your spirits somewhat.

Excellent suggestion by MeandO
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Today has gone well, we got the train and went to Ikea, I only spent £15 - not taking the car was definitely a good idea as I couldn't buy much as I had to carry it ;):D

For now I'm not going to spend the extra money from the £2 pot - I may treat myself to a new jar as clearly it works well to save them :) Other than that I will hang on to the money for now, it may be used as spending money on holiday - the cruise is all accounted for but any spends in ports isn't, so it may give us a bit of leeway for odd treats. Otherwise it may go towards some new holiday clothes etc. Either way it's just nice knowing there's a bit of spare unaccounted for cash ;)

I had a text today from the company that are paying me for having stickers on my car. They want me to go into town on saturday, park the car for 4 hours in a central location and they will refund me the parking and pay me £40 :money: :money: The main reason I don't go into town very often is the stupid parking prices so if someone else wants to pay them for me then that's fab ;) Ds desperately needs some new trainers, his are starting to fall apart (all he ever wears apart from school shows), so that money will cover them :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I meant to say, I agree that treating ourselves right now would be a good idea but for me buying myself a new savings jar is a treat as it's something I wouldn't normally buy as it's not a necessity. Like I said before, knowing I have the rest of the money there in case I need it is also a treat for me ;):)
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Wow, that is good saving of £2's!

Sorry you were feeling down, being a parent is hard, and I have my hubby to help me (well I say help.....):rotfl:

Hope you perk up again soon.

And £15 in IKEA :eek: I dream of those sort of days :rotfl:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    edited 15 February 2018 at 9:42PM
    Options
    £10 amazon voucher cashed out from Job Spotter and a £5 Amazon voucher ready to be cashed out from Swagbucks once they're back in stock :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family