2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• Smart_Mart
    Smart_Mart Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear things have been tougher than usual lately, BB. I don't think many of us that post either frequently or just lurk can really understand what being a single parent with an SEN child is really like.

You're certainly not alone in terms of friends on here. A lot of us find your blogs inspiring and I can't lie, I've taken some of your advice to heart in recent months. Clearly as a single dad of teenage twins, I've got it tricky but I still think I've got it easy compared to some but you seem to cope so well, the odd blip is inevitable.

As for being on your own, I've been single now for eight years. Someone once said to me "It's better to be single and lonely than to be with someone and be unhappy" and that's how it is. I feel like you do most days to be honest; I'm 50 in May and can't honestly see me in a relationship any time soon, but I'd rather bring up my DS's in a stable environment rather than a procession of unsuitable partners that are only there for five minutes.

You're doing everything right and when you least expect it, Mr Right will appear. And if he's an MSE'er, than all the better.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Mart, today is a better day again, in fact things are okay at the minute as I know ds doesn't have his phone / xbox so cant contact his friend. Once they are returned I know I will feel anxious all over again :(

Today we've been to get our passport photos done so I need to get the forms completed and sent off. I also got ds his new trainers (£35) and some graph paper he needs for some homework.

He's off to work a bit later and I will go and get the food shopping done, the cupboards are pretty empty :o
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the money in £2's jar.
    Good news on car money too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, we went dog racing with friends last night, was a Groupon offer so only cost £10 for the two of us which included a burger and a drink each. We broke even on the betting so was a pretty cheap night all round really :D

Today is the last day of half-term, back to work tomorrow :( We don't intend on going far today, it should be a chilling indoors kinda day. I have a bit of ironing to do (bedding) but I did the bulk of it earlier in the week. I do need to get the passport forms sorted and a few other bits of paperwork and try and get the banking straight (again :o). I also need to check my to do list and see what still needs doing on there.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I've made myself a list for today, it looks quite long but actually most bits on it are fairly quick jobs;
    • Ironing
    • Change SIM / back up my phone
    • Passport forms
    • Other paperwork
    • Science homework
    • Check ds pencil case
    • Sign ds planner
    • Empty handbag
    • Roast dinner
    • Make a cake
    • Freezer inventory
    • Travel insurance
    • Banking
    • Book speeding course
    • Ebay
    • Swagbucks goal
    • Reset heating timer
  • benbenandme
    edited 18 February 2018 at 12:59PM
    Options
    I'm on a roll this morning, trying to get as many jobs done as possible so this afternoon I can sit guilt-free with the laptop and mooch to my hearts content :D
    [STRIKE]Ironing[/STRIKE] DONE
    Change SIM / back up my phone
    Passport forms
    [STRIKE]Other paperwork[/STRIKE] DONE
    Science homework
    [STRIKE]Check ds pencil case[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Sign ds planner[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Empty handbag[/STRIKE] DONE
    Roast dinner
    [STRIKE]Make a cake[/STRIKE] DONE - CUPCAKES
    [STRIKE]Freezer inventory[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Travel insurance[/STRIKE] DONE
    Banking
    [STRIKE]Book speeding course[/STRIKE] DONE - FORM COMPLETED, NEED TO WAIT FOR THEM TO SEND ME SOMETHING BACK
    Ebay
    [STRIKE]Swagbucks goal[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Reset heating timer[/STRIKE]
    DONE

I have ended up adding a couple of other bits to the list ... tesco order for this week needs doing and another little bit of work for ds to do.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    My travel insurance came in at £17.50 and has already tracked on quidco for £5.00 :beer:

Cupcakes have been iced, dishwasher emptied, passport forms next :D
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Great going on the list. I sent off for three passports last Wednesday, came back in 8days. Expensive, but quick lol!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Another week nearly done, it's been up and down but there's only one more work day left ;)

I've cashed out £5 amazon voucher on swagbucks, £12 on panelbase and I got £5 interest on one of my accounts. All added to the various pots, signature updated :)
  • jamieboy
    jamieboy Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi BenBen, have you looked at the Cruise Critic forum you put in your cruise line and name of the ship and it will bring your cruise up. There are lots of tips on there from people who have done the same cruise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure