Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    With you on ordinary gin but raspberry gin, well.............

No still lost me.

Couldn't even tempted me.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done gettingtheresometime on your loss, Takeiteazy on your little loss (recorded as sts), and hug to orlao on your gain.

Gettingtheresometime, I'm also almost at 4 stone. 1.5lb away for me at the moment, so hoping to get it this week, although you can guarantee I will be bloated on Tuesday and last night's takeaway won't help.

I'm another one that doesn't like gin. Tried some raspberry gin at a food festival last year as I thought the raspberries might hide the gin flavour but still didn't like it.

You lot and your gin talks are just like my group meeting. Sometimes feels more like you are in alcoholics anonymous meeting rather than slimming world :)
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Today's 'plan' for me :
    Breakfast - toast
    Lunch -noodles
    Dinner - curry
    Snacks - fruit, ginger sweets

HA - milk
    HB - toast
    Syns - ginger sweets. No others planned to make up for last night's takeaway :(
    Zebras rock
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Gin Gin Gin _pale__pale__pale_

Watched Match yesterday and Match of the day this morning .

Always brightens my day up :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear

Along with our Poppy :)

manchester_united_manager_jose_mourinho_340201.jpg
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Morning all! Yep I can't stand gin either, it's a real shame as it's so trendy and there are loads of little micro-pubs opening up that sell gin cocktails exclusively, and it always seems such a sophisticated drink to order if you're staying off the vino. I always feel tremendously retro having a vodka and diet coke :o

Tweets, your mum sounds a nightmare! I can sympathise, though my gran isn't quite as bad as that, she is getting more and more demanding (she's 83 this month), and nothing you do is right. And you feel resentful but then you feel guilty about feeling that way because you do love them really, it's just so draining! Very hard work caring for people.

I've been basically my gran's main carer for the last ten years after my mam died and she had a spat with my uncle, now he's back on the scene following her recent stay in hospital ('Nice Me' says he's seen how frail she now is and grown a conscience, 'Cynical Me' says he's seen how frail she is and wants to get in on her will) - and he's golden boy now. It annoys me because I've done SO MUCH for her over the years even while teacher training and seeing my dad (unsuccessfully) through chemo, but that all seems forgotten. At the same time, it's lovely to have someone else take the responsibility, so I'm not complaining really, just a bit irked.

Anyway. Today's menu:

B - Weetabix
    D - Salmon salad (grated carrot, pre-packed beetroot (1), tomatoes)
    T - Sunday Roast For One - Chicken breast, potatoes, carrots, leeks, fine beans, maybe an Aunt Bessie Yorkshire pud (2) and gravy mix (3)

Managed to do Parkrun yesterday, ran all the way (3 miles) but was incredibly slow and felt like I might vomit up a lung. Amazing how fast you lose your fitness. But still, it's a step in the right direction!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Morning all! Yep I can't stand gin either, it's a real shame as it's so trendy and there are loads of little micro-pubs opening up that sell gin cocktails exclusively, and it always seems such a sophisticated drink to order if you're staying off the vino. I always feel tremendously retro having a vodka and diet coke :o

Tweets, your mum sounds a nightmare! I can sympathise, though my gran isn't quite as bad as that, she is getting more and more demanding (she's 83 this month), and nothing you do is right. And you feel resentful but then you feel guilty about feeling that way because you do love them really, it's just so draining! Very hard work caring for people.

I've been basically my gran's main carer for the last ten years after my mam died and she had a spat with my uncle, now he's back on the scene following her recent stay in hospital ('Nice Me' says he's seen how frail she now is and grown a conscience, 'Cynical Me' says he's seen how frail she is and wants to get in on her will) - and he's golden boy now. It annoys me because I've done SO MUCH for her over the years even while teacher training and seeing my dad (unsuccessfully) through chemo, but that all seems forgotten. At the same time, it's lovely to have someone else take the responsibility, so I'm not complaining really, just a bit irked.

Anyway. Today's menu:

B - Weetabix
    D - Salmon salad (grated carrot, pre-packed beetroot (1), tomatoes)
    T - Sunday Roast For One - Chicken breast, potatoes, carrots, leeks, fine beans, maybe an Aunt Bessie Yorkshire pud (2) and gravy mix (3)

Managed to do Parkrun yesterday, ran all the way (3 miles) but was incredibly slow and felt like I might vomit up a lung. Amazing how fast you lose your fitness. But still, it's a step in the right direction!

My mum is 85 and I cant believe some of the things she says and does.

Annoys me when I know she's said things then tells me I am going daft losing it etc when I fetch things she's said again on another day.

I will be getting ready to go in next 5 mins and wont be able to leave til this afternoon I try and escape around 1pm cant try earlier or I get told off for leaving early and she will go on about all week in phone calls.

I do love her but she does my head in when she starts .

Better get going see you laters with my weigh in at home :D
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    I suspect she knows it's her thats getting confused but is so frightened and annoyed by it that she takes it out on you. Doesn't help when you're being used as an emotional punchbag though.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :D
    I dont drink Gin........infact i dont drink anything really xmas i may have a glass of wine:rotfl:
    Tete and tweets :kisses3: for you both, its a vry hard job you both do xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    I am trying, trying :rotfl:

How did you do? Did you manage to maintain the NO stance?
    I'm going to swear now........

.....I really don't get gin.

Any other spirit I'm your girl ....but gin never!

I have to admit my favourite is lager and lime.... posh bint that I am... but the temptress has got me on Gin.... but as is the low syn option so I am thankful :T:T:T:T Sadly it leads to eating pizza and chips! :o
    With you on ordinary gin but raspberry gin, well.............

Please tell me you were good, or you had a good time!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

maman wrote: »
    Sorry to bring the tone of the thread down. I mean well. SW recommend making swaps for lower syn options. That's what I'm doing: swapping high syn wine for lower syn gin! It's part of my plan to get back to target. :D:D:D

Very true.... I just need to not have 3/4 a bottle.... and pizza and chips! God it was good!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    No still lost me.

Couldn't even tempted me.

We still love you x
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I'm another one that doesn't like gin. Tried some raspberry gin at a food festival last year as I thought the raspberries might hide the gin flavour but still didn't like it.

You lot and your gin talks are just like my group meeting. Sometimes feels more like you are in alcoholics anonymous meeting rather than slimming world :)

We could include AA into the name of the next thread...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

tweets wrote: »
    Good Morning :hello:

Gin Gin Gin _pale__pale__pale_

Always brightens my day up :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear

tweets has it right!

It does brighten a day x
    bubbs wrote: »
    Morning all :D
    I dont drink Gin........infact i dont drink anything really xmas i may have a glass of wine:rotfl:
    Tete and tweets :kisses3: for you both, its a vry hard job you both do xx

No alcohol............But you are a little minx on all other areas of your life!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm having a Cornish pasty and a roast pork dinner today. To hell with it all.

I've developed tendonitis in my left hand and it's driving me mad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure