Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2017 at 2:23PM
    Options
    I'm still on the wine but also drink gin or port as well! Like the occasional cider as well (but not the fruit ones, LOL!)

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up
    L - 2 WW wraps with HM meatballs & salad - HEB + 5.5
    D - stuffed chicken wrapped in parma ham; roast potatoes; veg - 1.5

HEA - milk
    HEB - WW wrap
    Syns - wrap 5.5; wine 15; parma ham 1.5

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    I'm still on the wine but also drink gin or port as well! Like the occasional cider as well (but not the fruit ones, LOL!)

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up
    L - 2 WW wraps with HM meatballs & salad - HEB + 5.5
    D - stuffed chicken wrapped in parma ham; roast potatoes; veg - 1.5

HEA - milk
    HEB - WW wrap
    Syns - wrap 5.5; wine 15; parma ham 1.5

Denise

I suppose apple cider is free? pmsl x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I resisted :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    You lot and your gin talks are just like my group meeting. Sometimes feels more like you are in alcoholics anonymous meeting rather than slimming world :)

It's the same at my group particularly the one I got to target with. It was embarrassing as when anyone asked a question about wine syns they always turned to me as the expert.:eek::o

That being said, group could also be a branch of Chocoholics Anonymous and we have a woman who cant say no to ice cream! We all have our vices.:D
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    I'm having a Cornish pasty and a roast pork dinner today. To hell with it all.

I've developed tendonitis in my left hand and it's driving me mad.

Nothing wrong with the roast dinner topgirl. I'm with you on the Cornish pasty though. I love them but haven't had one in months (probably more like years).:(

I've had tendonitis in my right wrist since Easter. No idea why. GP recommends using Ibuprofen cream (can you have that?) but I only use it when it's very painful. Fortunately it seems to be getting better at last but have needed DH to open my endless jars of pickles for me otherwise I have to stick to vacuum packs of beetroot.:)

Is it Jose that cheers you up or the football tweets? He made some strange decisions yesterday and had a spat with Sparky. Strange man. :)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette with beetroot
    D: HB steaks (onions and mushrooms), SW roasties, swede & carrot mash, cabbage, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: squirt of syrup

Not sure about the gin today. I've had a headache the past two morning so it may not be agreeing with me.:eek: I might be force to have bubbly instead.:rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I resisted :grin:

Well done xxx

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Today I have bulked cooked today.

Aubergine and tomato bake.

Veg, chick peas, kidney beans in tom sauce.

Scotch broth

For tea I am doing chicken curry - well onion, chicken cooked in chopped tomato with tikka masala powder.

I need to do minced beef in chopped toms - then I should be able to be good this week!

I have done a rice pudding for the others... as I had milk that needed using up oops I mean I am kind and thoughtful ;-))
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon
    Looks like I missed the gin fun then :D
    greentiger, I know what you mean about the syns being consumed in an anaesthetic fashion :D my team lost 27-35 at home on Friday night :mad:
    Didn't consume syns but did have enormous Subway salad right before bed :D I lead such a rock and roll lifestyle :rotfl:
    Off to bingo tonight but I've bought a couple of fruit pots and have saved my HEXB for HiFi bars. Will also have some soda water while I'm there.

Yesterday's food:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, raspberries and Arla Skyr sour cherry yoghurt (1.5 syns) Decaff coffee with HEXA s/s
    L: 3 Broghies (3 syns) smoked salmon, mixed salad and gherkins. Apple and peach, water
    T: Corned beef pastie made with WW wrap (5.5+1 for corned beef) wedges, Blend Bros ketchup, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower. Quark with 2 x Options sachets (5 syns) Decaf tea with HEXA s/s
    S: John West tuna light lunch (the Moroccan one) (1 syn) decaf tea with HEXA s/s
    Syns: 17

Today's food:
    B: 2 x boiled eggs and asparagus, decaf coffee with HEXA s/S
    L: 3 Broghies (3 syns) with mixed salad and pastrami and gherkins, Wotsits (4.5 syns) Apple, easy peeler, water
    T: Salmon stir fry with noodles, Fab lolly (4 syns)
    S: Melon, mango, nectarine, apple slices, 2 x HEXB HiFi bars, soda water
    Syns: 11.5

I went to the big Asda hypermarket in West Bridgford yesterday on my way home from Nottingham as I wanted to grab some lean corned beef for the pasties. While I was there I stocked up on everything I had been meaning to get but kept forgetting- some of the Blend Bros ketchup (not impressed by the way) some of the new 5.5 syn Nutella bars, 2 tins of the corned beef (£5! Scandalous) some of the gorgeous flavours of sugar free sparkling water Asda do (I love the strawberry and vanilla) I even managed to grab the last pack of WW wraps! Oh and Asda fresh wedges are free and they are gorgeous cooked in the Actifry then sprinkled liberally with vinegar. I would have got the Light and Free coconut yoghurts as well but I had a 30 minute bus trip and then another couple of hours while we went to Aldi before I got home so didn't want to risk it (just as well- OH was half an hour late collecting me as he hadn't realised he was just about to run out of petrol- doh!)
    Just been to Sainsbury's and they're selling off a load of fab microwave gadgets- I got one to make poached eggs and mini omelettes in as I always burn mine!
    Sorry about my downer post the other day. Had just had some bad news which I reacted badly to initially but I'm coming round to it now.
    Hope the gin hangovers aren't too bad ;)
    Love to you all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • joedenise
    Options
    I suppose apple cider is free? pmsl x

I wish:rotfl:

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I have done a rice pudding for the others... as I had milk that needed using up oops I mean I am kind and thoughtful ;-))

My DH loves rice pudding, I should make him one as a treat. He ordered one in a restaurant while we were away. In fact everyone had one but me. :D

Great batch cooking, how do you make the aubergine bake?

I need to stock up on some stuff too MrsR . I've been fancying corned beef hash for weeks. I need to buy the lean one, they don't stock it everywhere . They were raving about those Nutella bars at my group but looked far too sickly for me.
  • joedenise
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    It's the same at my group particularly the one I got to target with. It was embarrassing as when anyone asked a question about wine syns they always turned to me as the expert.:eek::o

That being said, group could also be a branch of Chocoholics Anonymous and we have a woman who cant say no to ice cream! We all have our vices.:D

Sounds like all groups are the same then! Like you I'm the one who always gets looked at for wine syns! No idea why:rotfl:

Nothing wrong with the roast dinner topgirl. I'm with you on the Cornish pasty though. I love them but haven't had one in months (probably more like years).:(

HM cornish pasty are our treat meal on our way to France, which is usually dinner but would also have if it was lunchtime! DH would even eat one for breakfast but that's a step too far for me, LOL!

Not sure about the gin today. I've had a headache the past two morning so it may not be agreeing with me.:eek: I might be force to have bubbly instead.:rotfl:[/QUE]

That certainly made me LOL! It's red wine again for me - last bottle until we get to France, assuming we get to go on Wednesday! If not, I'll need to buy some more as now run out.

My DD2 has been over this afternoon and has taken all the food we won't be using or taking with us from the freezer so I'll be able to turn it off before we go - saves a bit of money so very :money::money:. I'll get my neighbour to close the doors and switch back on a couple of days before we get back when she turns the heating up so it's not too cold when we get back.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport