*Resolved with conclusion* Virgin Media no service. What can I do?

Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BB broadband.

Yes it’s all their equipment except phones but that is not relaxant
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP, the very first thing I'd do is check with VM using neighbours if their BB is also down. Plus, have you tried checking if your phone can see or connect to a neighbours 'Virgin Media' hotspot, to do that download the app via 3g and install, using your Virgin Media password.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    iniltous wrote: »
    Isn't one of the supposed benefits of VM that they don't make you check if it's your own equipment because it's not your equipment but theirs , so if it is the 'equipment' it's their equipment, so should be covered by the rental agreement

I mean like rebooting your full system, not taking it apart! Often engineers go to houses, re-site the router, reboot it and hey presto no fault
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    driocket wrote: »
    @Blackpool_Saver

I tried that, but it says "1 fault found" with a fix availbr at 6pm.

But after 6pm it says "No known issues".

Something stange is going on

Oh yes, I left VM because of all this nonsense, every time they wanted me to do stupid things I had already done, obvious things...THEN they wanted to take control of my computer:eek: not on your life mate...bye bye
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I make some money on YouTube too and have not been able to upload? Possible compensation?
    Absolutely not.
    If you want a business account , and the benefits thereof, you'll find it is far more expensive than your current domestic tariff.

If I were you I'd make no mention of "making money from YouTube" in any complaint you might make.

Something strange is going on
    Naw.
  • driocket
    Options
    A little update

It's now 10 Dec and past 1:35pm and its still not working after a reboot and reset.
    I called up and now they're saying it'll be working tomorrow at 2:00pm.
    Are they just passing me about?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 December 2018 at 4:08PM
    Options
    It's now 10 Dec and past 1:35pm and its still not working after a reboot and reset.
    I called up and now they're saying it'll be working tomorrow at 2:00pm.
    Are they just passing me about?
    Face it, technological errors happen and sometimes the predicted repair times are wrong. It's the same with every other supplier. The credit you receive will be calculated at 1/30 of your monthly bill per day of lost service, in other words, £1 per day.
    iniltous wrote: »
    Isn't one of the supposed benefits of VM that they don't make you check if it's your own equipment because it's not your equipment but theirs , so if it is the 'equipment' it's their equipment, so should be covered by the rental agreement
    It is still their equipment and so covered by the rental agreement. The point is that there is no advantage reporting such an equipment fault if the problem actually applies to all users in a particular area.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, I may have missed it, but can't see anywhere whether you say you are on cable VM or phone line VM for BB. If it's through cable, then it would probably affect your neighbours as you are on the same network - see if they have the same problem. If not, it may be your cable to your house and/or equipment. If it's through your phone line, it may affect your neighbours - if it doesn't it may be your phone line. Check your phone line with a phone.
    If it's through cable, I seem to remember that you can access the router via a tablet or phone with the VM app on it, and see if there is a problem - the info should be on the bottom of your router.
  • driocket
    Options
    Another update:

It's gone past their quoted fixed time again - but it's still not working.

Called them up and they said a new date of 14 Dec.

I said I want to cancel but I'm told I need to pay off the rest of the conract (understandable). I say I'm not paying for services I'm not getting.

They transfer me to another department who give me a long explanation about "static electrical interference in the cabeling causing disruptions and breakage to services"

I ask them if this is the final date, they say they don't know.
  • driocket
    Options
    @Bigphil1474

I get broadband from cable. I haven't had the chance to ask neighbours (becuase they're never in) but Virgin media say it is affecting the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure