IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Average Speed Cameras On M1 between Jct10-Jct12

Options
124»

Comments

• JezCooke
    JezCooke Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Well as I said I do know someone personally that got done by them so they do 100% definitely work! It was in 2003 on the A610 Nuthall Road, Nottingham just South of the Gateway hotel to be specific.

They may well not always be on/being monitored so I'm sure it's possible to get lucky sometimes, don't think I'd risk it though.

I think the glowing red or not isn't going to tell you much as like you say they use infra-red illuminators for night time monitoring and infra-red is invisible to the human eye, the fact that some may also produce some visible red light doesn't mean that those that don't are off! If you could be bothered you could try pointing a digital camera at the emitters as many (not all) will pick up IR light and show it as a bright spot on the screen.
  • JezCooke
    JezCooke Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, and as for faking it why on earth would they want to do that, they wouldn't make any money that way!
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    They are costly to run.
    Similarly most gatso boxes are empty and the cameras are switched around.
  • headpin
    headpin Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2010 at 4:50PM
    Options
    movilogo wrote: »
    There cameras were put in place during the 50 mph restriction during M1 widening project.

Now work has stopped and there are signs indicating "Camera not in use".

I use this stretch daily - so I won't worry much.

The M1 widening project that has recently completed was between J6A and J10 (the M25 up to Luton). These SPECS cameras that are now being referred to are on the section from Luton to Milton Keynes This is the next phase of the widening works and will take place over the next 3 years.

Sorry movilogo, but if you use this section every day then you should really know that this is not the section where the works have now been completed and it is in the next section further north. These cameras have been in place since before Christmas and were still not in operation the last time I used that section of motorway on 31 January. Everyone needs to be aware though that they are likley to go live very soon.

I hope you are more observant when driving movilogo as you must get lost very frequently if you do not know where you are on a motorway!!!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure