PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prepping for Brexit thread

Options

Comments

• Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I didn't make my decision in 2016 until I entered the polling booth. I could always see both sides, and did feel that I had less of a right to a vote than the young people coming up, and they have enough problems as it is.

Now I am absolutely determined to vote one way or another (and it changes daily). I am quite well prepared for most things although I would have to lay in a few boxes of wine if it is going to be a prolonged issue. Mention today has been of 75% fewer lorries coming through from 3-6 months. Quite a few boxes then. I don't think a hard exit is a probability - it's just in there for the mix to keep the troops happy and threaten Brussels. But it's us against 27.

My memory is pretty awful these days and I will find out I have three unopened packets of a certain spice, for instance. I don't want to overdo it as it would be such a waste but I won't want to shop if the stores are like jumble sales with lots of empty shelves. I hope that I can get enough planted up in the spring to give me a good supply of food by mid-summer, and then the pressure would be off. I think we should all check our cars out and if our tyres are on the edge of being legal, then get them changed whilst they are still easily available. There is nothing worse than being in a position of having to buy something at a vastly inflated price just due to lack of availability. Maybe now would be a good time to get your boiler serviced.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I've had some success with buying stuff for free!!! I often see offers for online shopping, I rarely do it and only used Sainsburys in the past. Well for a while I've been using offers, everything from Iceland to Ocado and "spend" the free bit on stocking up my cupboards. Sometimes it is a percentage of your spend and sometimes it is a set amount but it is quite satisfying to look at my stock and realise it was all free. How MSE is that?
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd still vote remain. Nothing that is happening makes me think leaving is a good idea.

I really am not sure what I would do.......I am truly fatigued by it all.
    While it is easy to say this or that should have been done back in 2016, I think the error was to not have a clear margin set in the first place ie 6o% or nothing, the outcome was too close for comfort. So here we are:(

Am I wrong or way back then didn't we pay to join.....when others since haven't......and we will pay high to leave,
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Fatigued is a good way to describe it. I've been avoiding the news as it just seems the same thing over and over again.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I did my weekly shopping in Aldi yesterday. It seemed busier than usual, and I noticed some trollies piled up quite high, including water and tins. I'm wondering if preparation is now starting to become a 'thing' in the general population. I'm still carrying on with my policy of getting a bit extra each week.

The trouble is how do you know if you have 'enough', or if you have gone OTT with the prepping.

I'm fed up with the uncertainty of it all
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Caramac
    Caramac Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’m getting fed up as well, it’s the uncertainty and going round in circles. I think I can confidently say that whatever way people voted they didn’t vote for this.

I think I have enough to keep me going, though I keep forgetting bottled water, but am finding every bit of bad news sends me adding to to stockpile.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another one here who is completely fed up to the back teeth with it all. It seems like a Pandora box has been opened and we are never going to hear the end of it.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am reversing the trend, I am setting up a boycot list.

A certain cream liqueur is a no no and other items from that region!!! added to the list is a certain electrical applicance manufacturer, I will not suggest what can be done with the suction hose:)

I am sure the list could become endless
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »

A certain cream liqueur is a no no and other items from that region!!! added to the list is a certain electrical applicance manufacturer, I will not suggest what can be done with the suction hose:)

:rotfl: What are you basing the boycotts on?
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »

I take it "that region" is Ireland? Why do you blame Ireland for doing what it thinks is best for Ireland? They aren't doing it to upset you but to protect its own people, that is what a government is supposed to do and it isn't their fault that the UK can't get its act together.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback