IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Adaptis Solutions Railway Byelaw s14

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So a 'Penalty' probably won't generate a POPLA code, but appeal as keeper anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    to keep you entertained while you a wait / reply / move on .....

think of this Parliament link a light entertainment :eek: ;)

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Ralph:cool:
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dont get worried with the 28 days , if they do run with this , then after 28 it has to be passed back to ???? , (with a company number) then they have to write to you giving you XXX days , then write again threatening you giving you XXX days THEN make a big blunder and pass it to govia , who have to write to you giving you xx days

that over 5 mths already?

the rail co only have 6 mths to bring charges , but why?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    So a 'Penalty' probably won't generate a POPLA code, but appeal as keeper anyway.

this letter says popla code available , from whom?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP , who does car park enforcement on this site?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • financerulez
    Options
    It says POPLA because it's outdated, they even have the '15 on the bottom of the form lol. Exact wording is: If we reject your representation then we will send you information on how to appeal to the independent adjudication service: POPLA. Please see popla .co.uk for more information.

They stated that it's a byelaw s14 claim earlier in bold though, so they just haven't bothered to update to take into account that they won't hear them anymore. Not my problem though, they've put this on their letter to me, I'll be pestering them for that info on how to appeal to POPLA.

I'm 99% sure it's Indigo! EDIT: Indigo are on the signs for terms of use at the car park, etc, so I assume that means it's them.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:05PM
    Options
    oh , music to our ears

from the DVLA

""Indigo Parking have advised that they are not and have not for a number of months been requesting data whilst they are investigating this matter" .

please update when you have heard from DVLA

and perhaps appealing as per letter and asking for popla code as well , if it comes lets see who from
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and perhaps appealing as per letter and asking for popla code as well , if it comes lets see who from

indigo are dead and met do not have contract on car park
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • financerulez
    financerulez Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2018 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Going to do the DVLA request today - will post exact wording later on, together with washed PCN from Adaptis.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I was reading POFA 2012 and noticed this:

!!!8220;keeper!!!8221; means the person by whom the vehicle is kept at the time the vehicle was parked, which in the case of a registered vehicle is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to be the registered keeper;

I know they aren't applying on POFA, but either way, in my situation, although I'm the registered keeper, someone else actually keeps the vehicle and drives it. So re this station fine, it genuinely wasn't me driving. I may also be able to argue that I'm not the owner, although I am on the V doc (Although doesn't that say something about not being proof of ownership) as someone has made several payments to me so are half way to owning the car themselves. (A different person to who keeps and drives it at the moment.)

Anyway is it worth me, when appealing mentioning that I am not the keeper as per that definition. It says unless the contrary can be proved, but it doesn't say who I would need to prove it to, or who I would need to tell.

EDIT: I guess there's also the comical option that I reply on Day 25 appealing and include that as part of my appeal. After stringing them along for a while, I could in theory release the current keeper as per that definition, and they would have to do this all again, all wasting time on that 6 months?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Not being the driver is a very powerful appeal point. IIRC byelaw 14 states it is the owner who is liable absent a driver fessing up.

If you are neither the owner or driver it leaves them up a creek.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure