Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better Lucky.

I know you're worried about the holiday and spending but try and take some time to yourself. As long as you can be fed and have a bed then you will have a lovely time. My mum always said to us growing up we'd be skint at home so might as well be skint somewhere nice ;)

I'm sure you'll all have an amazing time

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Can I join in with the fat and skint group :o:o:o

The more the merrier :D.
    Lucky, you only live once, you know you will figure out the spends for the holiday, you manage it all really well - I know you don't believe it but you do.
    so hang on there. It will be ok

Also Benbenandme has some links in her diary about surveys and stuff - might be some there you don't have?

Take care XXX

Thanks Buffles, will check it out.

Mum and her partner are at the Grand National. I asked them to put a fiver on for me and they picked the winner :j:j. I think that means I’m £50 up :T:T.

Still hate the race though :( Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better Lucky.

I know you're worried about the holiday and spending but try and take some time to yourself. As long as you can be fed and have a bed then you will have a lovely time. My mum always said to us growing up we'd be skint at home so might as well be skint somewhere nice ;)

I'm sure you'll all have an amazing time

x

I love this, thank you :D Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the 50 quid :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news on the win - I didn't even have a go on the work sweepstakes this year.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DH’s Best Mate has had a bike crash this afternoon. Thankfully no head injury but has a broken jaw, face, collar bone, ribs and leg :(:(:( Xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    So sorry to hear about DH's mate, very scary news. xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey, thats not good :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Can’t believe it’s been almost a week since I posted :eek:.

DH’s mate has had a few operations already, with more on the way but he’s actually been very lucky and will eventually recover with (hopefully) no major lasting damage.

Boys went back to school on Monday, much to their disgust, and the week has been a blur of school runs, swimming, karate, D&D club, hospital visits, gardening, washing and ironing! So not very exciting!!

Mr L has overall been ok, but has been quite selfish in wanting to do what HE wants to do, so he isn’t really in my good books at the minute.

But there’s only 16 days til Florida :j:j Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How awful re DH's friend :( Pleased he'll recover though. Bikes are so dangerous, I know a few who've lost their lives young due to bike crashes.

Not long until Florida :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport