IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Markham Retail Park Chesterfield

Options

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it is any reassurance, Debt Recovery Plus have now taken up the chasing of these for a few vehicles on my fleet.

I've made the same offer to them to discuss it in front of a District Judge.

Personally, I'd appeal to PP saying it was aliens or something, anything to get a POPLA code, then submit as generic appeal as possible, because it seems that PP are not contesting any of the tickets issued at this location, so POPLA won't even read your submissions.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gmiddleton wrote: »
    I was interested in reading all your submissions regarding Markham Retail Car Park as I too received a PCN 9 February 2018 having parked there previous Sunday 3 February 2018 and charged for allegingly leaving the site.

I am in the delema of knowing whether to pay this charge or having read all your documentation to contest it, I!!!8217;m not sure where to start or if I want all the stress, but why should these people be allowed to get away with these parking notices.

How is there a dilemma? Why are you not sure where to start?

No-one here pays Premier Park 'charges'.

You've found a thread that tells you how to win. You are on a forum where the sticky thread at the top of this forum gives you template appeals.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • benjiplace
    Options
    Thank you for the boost of confidence, I hate admitting this but my dilemma was due to being a senior citizen living on her own. Having now read and reread the NEWBIES FAQS will use the templates to proceed.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure the main thrust of the POPLA appeal is about PP not having any evidence that the occupants of the car left the site. Not much else wins v PP, but that can and does.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • benjiplace
    Options
    Sorry to be a 'numptie' just want to be sure I'm doing things right. I have received 2 emails from PP one saying my appeal is unjustified and the other requesting details of the driver by 10 April 2018, which I wont do as advised here. They said they will not reply until after 10 April 2018 and then the registered keeper will be held liable. Is it after this date that I will get a POPLA number? Not sure I totally understand the POPLA bit.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do nothing but wait patiently for your PoPLA code.

You could perhaps prepare yourself for PoPLA by reading post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 March 2018 at 3:55PM
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    If it is any reassurance, Debt Recovery Plus have now taken up the chasing of these for a few vehicles on my fleet.

I've made the same offer to them to discuss it in front of a District Judge.

Personally, I'd appeal to PP saying it was aliens or something, anything to get a POPLA code, then submit as generic appeal as possible, because it seems that PP are not contesting any of the tickets issued at this location, so POPLA won't even read your submissions.

I wouldn't want to take it for granted they'll keep rolling over. A weak enough POPLA submission might be enough to tempt them into responding.
    benjiplace wrote: »
    Sorry to be a 'numptie' just want to be sure I'm doing things right. I have received 2 emails from PP one saying my appeal is unjustified and the other requesting details of the driver by 10 April 2018, which I wont do as advised here. They said they will not reply until after 10 April 2018 and then the registered keeper will be held liable. Is it after this date that I will get a POPLA number? Not sure I totally understand the POPLA bit.

Yes, you ignore their request for driver details, and the next letter will include a 10 digit POPLA code.
    You get a month from the code being generated to submit your appeal to POPLA, then the operator gets 21 days to submit a response, which you can then comment on and then the Independent adjudicator makes their decision.
    The operator has to pay a fee when it goes to the Adjudicator, so if they aren't confident about winning when they see your initial appeal, many just cut their losses and walk away at that point (After letting the timer run out because why not be spiteful and keep it hanging over your head as long as possible?).

You can see the text of my appeal for this site in this thread. The bit about the 'new' canvas signs won't apply to you, since they went up in January, but the rest of it would still stand.

Edit: Would be nice if the MSE forum software actually alerted me to new posts in this (subscribed) thread, if I'd not come back to it to check something else I'd never have known.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Edit: Would be nice if the MSE forum software actually alerted me to new posts in this (subscribed) thread, if I'd not come back to it to check something else I'd never have known.
    It will if you change the Notification Type from No email notification to Instant notification by email.
  • benjiplace
    Options
    Thanks for your advice I now have my Popla code and have gone through your text and will use it for my appeal not forgetting to adjust about the new canvas signs that were changed in January. I’ve used some of the photos but cannot find the one for the west entrance to SCS. Otherwise great thanks again
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry, just seen this. Pics of the west side from 6th Feb this year https://imgur.com/a/3hbjQfT
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure