Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Always good to have a wee workplace flirt :love:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Always good to have a wee workplace flirt :love:

It really is, has made the unbearable and ridiculous quite bearable thank you ;)
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest it sounds like he's interested, especially with him mentioning he wants to split from his GF. But too many reasons not to pursue further as you say. Time to dust yourself off and put yourself back on the market?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    To be honest it sounds like he's interested, especially with him mentioning he wants to split from his GF. But too many reasons not to pursue further as you say. Time to dust yourself off and put yourself back on the market?

A couple of things he has said/done make me think he is interested but has stopped himself/gets flustered. Equally I could just be being teenage about it. But it is nice to day dream.

But yes the dusting self off is a plan. I think I will give dating a whirl after Christmas. I have house plans and work plans and debt plans before that.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 September 2018 at 6:33PM
    Options
    Opinions.

I have found a gym/swimming pool thing near me for 68 pounds a month.

Is this reasonable?

A work colleague goes and she really likes it. It is 10 minutes from work, no kids, open from 6 am till 11pm.

It has a sauna and a steam room.

I haven't used gyms before because I don't like them. I had to stop using the local pool as a boy I taught became a life guard there.

Don't get me wrong - I know I am lazy! but I do like being in the water.

Always love a spa weekend - pool etc. but 68 pounds...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    If you will use it at least a couple of times a week Buffy & preferably more I would say it is a good deal.
    But will you use it?
    Are you tied into a contract?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    If you will use it at least a couple of times a week Buffy & preferably more I would say it is a good deal.
    But will you use it?
    Are you tied into a contract?

Recently with my shoulder and now ribs and growing noticeable weakness in my ankle plus looking back at FB memories and things you guys say here - I made a note! I have become very worried about my health.

I am not remotely fit or active.

I can give 30 days notice to cancel.

I think I could get into a habit. I do like swimming.

XX
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    £68 a month sounds very expensive to me even with a steam room/sauna. I think the average price is £32 a month. It's ultimately up to you though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds very pricey to me for swimming and sauna. Push yourself to go to a "pay as you go place" for a few weeks and see just how much you actually go. Swimming this time of year is always harder, dark cold evenings don't exactly inspire you to go get wet.

Walking the dogs daily should be giving you a decent bit of cardio and as a teacher you're on your feet and moving about lots during the day.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    £68 a month sounds very expensive to me even with a steam room/sauna. I think the average price is £32 a month. It's ultimately up to you though.
    Pooky wrote: »
    Sounds very pricey to me for swimming and sauna. Push yourself to go to a "pay as you go place" for a few weeks and see just how much you actually go. Swimming this time of year is always harder, dark cold evenings don't exactly inspire you to go get wet.

Walking the dogs daily should be giving you a decent bit of cardio and as a teacher you're on your feet and moving about lots during the day.

A couple of local friends thought it was a good price compared to theirs. The local pool/gym to me is 48 (but full of kids)

I think I will have to think on it some more. you make a good point re winter. I just won't go if it is snowy or rainy - I am still in summer mode.

Plus I am still in debt.

Dog walking might be better all round. I think I will go and have a look at the place.

XXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family