PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pink Recipes

Options
Hiya everyone

We are having a 'wear it pink' charity day at my little boys school to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

I am going to make the raspberry & white chocolate muffins that I have seen mentioned on this forum a few times (well will do a trial run tomorrow as I am assuming they will come out a pinky colour lol)

Does anyone have any other pink recipes at all ? or anything using pinky coloured things that would be suitable to sell at an infants school.

While I am here, I have seen a recipe for Strawberry Muffins and they use strawberry conserve .. am i right or wrong in assuming that strawberry conserve is just jam ?

Many thanks for any help you can give
Erica xx
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

What about gingerbread people - you could pipe pink bows on.. or use a bit of icing to stick pink dolly mixtures on!
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    my mum used to make savoury bready things a pinky colour by putting a little beetroot in the mixture, not enough for taste just colour (and spinich for green etc)
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Waxy_Bean
    Waxy_Bean Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a recipe for beetroot cake (like carrot cake) which I can post if you are interested.
    2009 winnings: private box at the ballet, a cooking lesson with Jean Christophe Novelli, a case of wine, £25 itunes downloads, a candle, Football Manager PC game, a lipstick, £250
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Beetroot muffins ! They're good actually-bit like carrot muffins. You add grated cooked beetroot to the muffin mixture. It turns a fab pink colour which isn't quite as impressive once cooked, but is pink nontheless. Healthy too.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    good old coconut ice

http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/coconutice.htm

the pink one always seemed to taste better !
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Waxy_Bean
    Waxy_Bean Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap thriftlady!!!

Or there are always red velvet muffins but you could use pink food colouring instead and even add food colouring to the frosting.
    2009 winnings: private box at the ballet, a cooking lesson with Jean Christophe Novelli, a case of wine, £25 itunes downloads, a candle, Football Manager PC game, a lipstick, £250
  • torianut
    torianut Posts: 1,841 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made plain fairy cakes for the school alien day last week and added a bit if green food colouring and they turned out really good - (thought they might go browny green when baked but took them out just in time!) I am sure this would work for pink ones too.
  • eSparkles
    eSparkles Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for the brill suggestions.

re the coconut ice, I have the link open now and that looks almost too easy to do (I can muck up the easiest of recipe's lol :o). Mind you, I could always get David (my little one) to do it with me and keep me on the right track :p lol

The velvet cakes look gorgeous (and I know I am a pain in the !!!) but does anyone know how to convert cups to grams or oz ? I have clicked the convert button on there and it converts to ml but I dont have any ml measuring doodahs (my jug is too big for the measurements on there)

Thanks again
    Erica xx
  • eSparkles
    eSparkles Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks torianut, I did think about that, and maybe putting some strawberry chocolate on top (I was discussing it with a friend and I said I could get some pink smarties or pink jelly tots and put one on top but we decided it was a bit risque for an infants school lol)

ooooo I just had a thought .. what are those domed spongey things that are covered in jam and coconut .. I could do a version of those couldnt I (except they would have to be cake shaped cos I dont know how to get them that funny shape lolol)

Erica xx
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

they are madeleins
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing