PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pink Recipes

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Hi there

they are madeleins

brilliant .. thank you :T
  • rhubarbs
    rhubarbs Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How about little pink meringues? You just add a few drops of red food colouring to the whisked egg white. They look very pretty.
  • rhubarbs wrote: »
    How about little pink meringues? You just add a few drops of red food colouring to the whisked egg white. They look very pretty.

oooo another good idea, thank you .. its gonna cost me a fortune in pink colouring at this rate lolol
    Erica xx
  • rsdiscos
    rsdiscos Posts: 816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lots of school would be weary about having anything with coconut in for sale at school because of children with nut allergies and the risk of cross contamination etc..
    I had a girl in my class once who had such a severe allergy that when a child in her class had had a snickers bar she had breathing difficulties - the class promised not to have anything with obvious nuts in it !! Sweet
    Hope this helps
    Plan to PAD Everyday 2024
    Credit Card - £3662.99 (int free to 11/11/25) -
    PAD Totals
    Jan 2024 -
  • rsdiscos wrote: »
    Lots of school would be weary about having anything with coconut in for sale at school because of children with nut allergies and the risk of cross contamination etc..
    I had a girl in my class once who had such a severe allergy that when a child in her class had had a snickers bar she had breathing difficulties - the class promised not to have anything with obvious nuts in it !! Sweet
    Hope this helps

hiya
    we're lucky in the fact that we are only a small school (5-7yr olds only) and none of the children have nut allergies .. but all the plates will be marked etc anyway. The cakes wont be on sale to the children either .. just available for parents to buy after they drop the children off and before they go to pick them up.
    Thank you for the advice though, its much appreciated :)
    Erica xx
  • Waxy_Bean wrote: »
    I have a recipe for beetroot cake (like carrot cake) which I can post if you are interested.

sorry, i forgot to say .. yes please .. the recipe would be great :)
    Erica xx
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    eSparkles wrote: »
    Thank you all for the brill suggestions.

re the coconut ice, I have the link open now and that looks almost too easy to do (I can muck up the easiest of recipe's lol :o). Mind you, I could always get David (my little one) to do it with me and keep me on the right track :p lol

The velvet cakes look gorgeous (and I know I am a pain in the !!!) but does anyone know how to convert cups to grams or oz ? I have clicked the convert button on there and it converts to ml but I dont have any ml measuring doodahs (my jug is too big for the measurements on there)

Thanks again
    Erica xx

this should help :)http://www.50connect.co.uk/index.asp?main=http%3A//www.50connect.co.uk/50c/concharts.asp
    click on American liquid/volume charts
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    There's a chocolate beetroot cake recipe here ... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=463266&postcount=55

it comes out a dark sludgy pinky/brown. Not sure if this is the same as WaxyBean's recipe though.
  • eSparkles
    eSparkles Posts: 114 Forumite
    brilliant . thank you for the links Chris25
    :beer:

Erica xx
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    How about this recipe that I found when I googled pink recipes? It's for pink ribbon shortbread:

http://www.domesticgoddess.ca/recipes.php?recipe=10116
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport