Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £94 pm is great cath, we pay a lot more for a four bed terrace :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My niece is in her 20s and stil loves maing things for cmas!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 December 2018 at 10:12PM
    Options
    I'm expecting to pay more as the children get older Newgirly, don't are the days we spend most of our time in the same room. Dd currently surfaces for food!

I shall cling on to the craftiness apple, some activity usually features in the Christmas Eve box too.

Didn't 'do' a lot yesterday but did help my mum out by advertising and selling some items which were promptly collected and helped put someone starting off with their new home. I found 20p at the side of the fridge and she insisted on giving me £5 so £5.20 paid off the mortgage yesterday! Also sent a 25p Tilly tidy this morning and it really is about making the small amounts work for us this month.

50p on y0ugov yesterday so edging closer to payout on there.
    Have around £50 to see us through until Thursday and as dh did a top of shop yesterday on his way home from an overtime shift we shouldn't really need to spend much. I actually think this is the strongest we have ended a month in a long time and it hasn't been particularly cheap which is a good feeling. I think the new year needs to being a new SOA focusing more on saving and pensions.

Have a good last week in work everyone.

December spends
    Supermarket £113.30
    Fuel £102.34
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well today has been productive so far, it really makes a big difference not having to go to work!

Went straight to the gym after the school run, lifting weights is so good for my emotional well-being. Popped to supermarket for some bits and pieces and bought some frames needed for presents. Does nowhere sell photo mounts anymore though???

£5.84 made which is partly a Tilly tidy and £5 which came from me getting some shopping for my mum and using a voucher so overpaid the difference. Currently need about £520 to knock off another month and get us to Feb 28.

Roll on next week, got two children resembling coiled springs!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I think the interweb is the place for photo mounts nowadays. Or those sticky blobs might be more popular.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The range normally have a good stock of mounts.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks both. Looked online but delivery prices were shcking on @mazon. Have managed to frame them through improvisation. We don't have a range in our town unfortunately Pooky.

Made an overpayment of £22.62 which is made up of cash left in current account and odd pennies expected in wages. Will also overpay anything left in the account tomorrow once pending payments have cleared.

Booked another holiday for next year so we will have a week all inclusive in both May and September. Don't think we will be able to go in term time once dd starts high school so we're making the most of it whilst we can. Have worked out repayment plans so it's all in hand and budgeted for. :)

35 points on y0ugov, keep those surveys coming this way.

Spotted on jimmy's diary there is a 1.99% fix for FD who we have already fixed with at 2.05 so I am planning to ring them tomorrow to secure that rate and continue to keep an eye out in case they drop further. I've already checked what difference it makes on the spreadsheet and although it doesn't knock a month off it certainly brings us closer.

Am please with our progress especially towards the end of the year as we used to start food/fuel spending on the credit card in the few days before payday and I would end up 'owing' the accounts money. Am pleased to say that doesn't happen anymore which shows what a strong position we are in.

In other news, Christmas preparations with me getting in the festive spirit by eating everything that is bad for me. Actually looking forward to the steady stream of treats and extras ending and getting back to normal eating!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am endeavouring to keep treats as treats and not everyday food!
  • CathT
    Options
    Now there's an idea apple!

Rang fd and as we've paid a booking fee we can't secure a lower rate without paying another booking fee. Will have to find another way of knocking that additional £180 off the mortgage.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am endeavouring to keep treats as treats and not everyday food!

Think I’m doing it the other way round apple, chocolate is my staple diet :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback