PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    Options
    im in please x

might be bold enough to set a budget but will finish sept and have a think...good luck
    onwards and upwards
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Count me “in” please. £120 for the month, starting 1st October. That’s for 2 adults and covers all groceries excluding meat.

Thanks, Elsiepac for doing the Admin for the Grocery Challenge.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    I’m back.. been AWOL for a couple months.. life, potential relationship (didn't get off the ground) and more life got in the way! :rotfl:

So, please add me in for £280for the month.. Starting on the 1st Oct :A
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Thanks elsiepac for running the thread. Could you please add me in for $400 ? That’ll just be for me but I'll be buying items to establish my kitchen again along with items like toilet paper, laundry soap, etc.
  • Narola1976
    Options
    Hello, may I join please? We buy lots of things we could do without and I really want to reduce our spending. I would like to aim for £90 per week for 3 of us, 2 adults and one teen. this excludes pet food as I buy only once every other month from an online retailer but will include cleaning products, loo roll etc. I have started meal planning following an inventory as I shop weekly.
    Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
    Current Total = £25534.10
    33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    October works out as a 5 week month for me so I'm gonna up my budget to £200 please.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Oh2befree
    Options
    Hi could you include me please? I'm new to posting but a long term lurker. Id like to go for £50 per week please (although ultimately want to reduce this to £35-40) and that's for DH and I, 2 children (one a teenager who eats like a horse) and a dog.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    Thank you Elsiepac for running this thread.

We are still in September as we go by calender month.

2 adults, the OH and I, and the budget is to cover all food (apart from date night) and non alcoholic drinks. October goes 1st to 31st.

Budget £215.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • LIzzieM
    Options
    Thank you for the October thread. Ill health caused my budget to go a little mad in September, so can you put me down for £40 please for October? This is just for me.

Many thanks,
    Lizzie
    Attempting £40 grocery only for the month of October.
    Let's see....
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Me too please :)
    Still doing September so I don't know how that will finish yet, but I think I need to up the budget slightly so please can I be put down for £280 for the month starting 1 October. :)
    Thank you for doing this thread it is really, really helpful :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure