PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Crowdpleaser
    Options
    Rejoining please! Taken my eye off the ball again lately....

325 please! My budget runs 4 weekly so runs 27 Sept to 25 Oct this time. This includes everything inc cleaning and hamster stuff. I'm on a low fodmap diet so have to watch what I eat and husband doesn't care what it is as long as there is a mountain of it. Packed lunches for 3 5 days a weeks too.

X
  • shopaholicnumber1
    Options
    Hi all - having been spending obscene amounts on food all my life, now my offspring are both at uni and it's only me, a dog and a cat in the house, it seems like a good time to reign it in and shop more carefully! Please put me down for £225 for October for absolutely everything (except prescription cat food which I am picking up on Monday but will last about 10 weeks or so). Thank you and good luck everyone! :D
    Mortgage: £81,154.58 (03/19) - £54,849 (02/24)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Scraped by last month by the skin of my teeth with just £1.14 left of the budget! I got lost along the way somewhere as by what I posted I should have had a bit more than that.

I'm going for £200 again for the month but will probably be a bit tight as I need to go to the butchers for some more meat.
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    hello i have totalled up sept and am happy very happy with it so im in oct now a little early but no real spends planned for the last few days of sept

im off to plan some food for the weekend and puree some soup i made this am...lentil/bacon and a sweet potato effort i made up hope they taste ok

have a great weekend all
    onwards and upwards
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Elsiepac for doing the thread, it's really helping. Just finished September and I came in slightly under budget, probably for the first time in a long time.

Can you put me down for 225.00 for October. That's for 2 adults but more at the weekend. Thanks
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks, I'm already on oct budget (I run the last fri of the month till the last fri of the month) I took all 4 kids shopping with me! I spent £18.39 in home bargains on lots of snacks foods, toilet roll, wipes and part baked bread.

Then I spent £60.76 in Asda! considering I had no meat and not really any dinners this is insane! I mostly stuck to my list but a lot of the cheaper items we usually get were out of stock and the kids added a few bits in. I have another planned spend tomorrow as lidl have chip pan oil on sale and I need 12 litres! then that should be me for the week.

£79.15/£200
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • jam2019
    Options
    Hi all! Not quite finished with the September spend, but looks like I'll come in under budget so I'm aiming for £40 again this month.
    Grocery Challenge
    2020: £739.83 / £880
    2019: £166.20 / £220
  • millymouse
    millymouse Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2019 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Hi can I come in on this please. Just totted up shopping for September and it came in as a hefty £600 that's for 3 adults and a dog. Hoping to reduce this to £300 this month
  • Cherry_Burton
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join again after coming in below budget in September. It's just me this month and I will lower the budget to £120. I'm hoping to get it down month by month to below £100 so this is a step on the path.

My major downfall is buying sandwiches while at work when I have left a prepared lunch in the fridge or haven't got round to making one. I'm going to concentrate on lunches during October.
    1/10/2015 Debt Free
    1/1/2018 Mortgage Free
    Now saving for early retirement
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Finished September with £74.76/£80, so I am going for £80 again in October.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure