A thought...

Options

Comments

• joho
    joho Posts: 4,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm a recent subscriber and find it very helpful that they are all in one place, as I don't necessarily get time to get on the main board everyday.

I also think it is the easiest way for those who post the competitions.
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I dont understand why 'now we dont have to log in' indicates a reason to move it. The link has always gone to the competition, ive never had to scroll down the magazine site to find it as the poster has posted the link to the correct competition.
  • robertjmca
    robertjmca Posts: 749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just from a personal point of view, I would prefer if it was left as it is.
    But will cede to the majority view.
    Robbie.
  • tribb99
    tribb99 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote to keep it here. I have it bookmarked in my daily folder to check and it is very handy to have them all together. I don't check the main forum every day as I don't always have time, but I do check and enter these.

The change to entering details hasn't changed anything for me other than I have to enter more info on the screen (well roboform does!).
    :T A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who contributes here :T
  • kazzystar1973
    Options
    I vote remain - oh, sorry I mean keep :)
    2023 £500 boots voucher, Michelin star meal, day at a spa
    2022 - £5,000 Free Radio
    2021 - £50 My Favourite Puzzle Win
    2020 - £50 Take a Break Win, Cloud 9 straighteners
    2019 - £4,000 Jazz FM, Gin distilling lesson
  • lizd31
    lizd31 Posts: 25,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd like to keep it as I haven't been able to comp much over the last few months, run the dailies or post comps like I used to as I can't sit upright at my computer because it's too painful & affects my breathing so I subscribe to this as these are the only ones I tend to enter as it's cost me a fortune in medical expenses & homeopathic remedies recently so I'm trying to win cash prizes. It's great because I can enter in just a couple of minutes when I get a notification email instead of having to trawl through the main board which takes a lot of time & which I can't cope with anymore. I really appreciate all the hard work & effort of the regular posters for this thread.
    Positivity is the key to success
  • koala987
    koala987 Posts: 1,336 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I vote to keep it as well as I subscribe to the thread and often enter the competitions "in bulk". Thanks to everyone who posts the answers.
    Don't wait for the storm to pass
    Learn to dance in the rain
  • crescent25
    crescent25 Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Personally I would like to keep it. I find it handy to have them all together on one thread that I get one notification for each day and one link to click on. My main worry is that if they're on the main board, I'll miss them. Even when I'm not comping each day from the main board, I still go in and do the Take a Break Puzzle Magazine competitions.
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another vote to keep them where they are. We've already lost or slowed down linking on the weeklies, rafflecopters, gleams and now mags. Some members, like myself only have time to log on for subscribed threads.
  • womble_lancs
    womble_lancs Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I definitely agree with this. I usually see one MD that I want to enter and then do a search on the name, but it'd be so much easier to have a single post per prize.
    jaibaby wrote: »
    I don't understand why this is kept as a thread yet those millions* of competitions from the mag dailies are ALL posted separately. One prize with loads of different entry ways should be one post. TAB should be posted on the main board with the correct end date to ensure the majority of users see them.

*I use the term "millions" lightly ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport