A thought...

Options

Comments

• xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    Options
    I definitely agree with this. I usually see one MD that I want to enter and then do a search on the name, but it'd be so much easier to have a single post per prize.

This was down to me as they have on occasion provided a different question/answer per mag even though it was a shared prize. It took me so long to fix it I made the decision to post them separately.
  • Angiejf
    Angiejf Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I vote to keep them together as it already is, I find it alot easier this way. Please, please leave it as it is.
  • Didoow
    Didoow Posts: 402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 July 2018 at 10:57PM
    Options
    sorry if I'm late to the party
    (but I'm just catching up on the actual thread and found the link to here)

I'm another vote to keep it as it is as my routine is to do these and the Puzzler ones first before moving on to the main board.
    I too don't see how the non-logging in should change anything.
    I also subscribe to both threads so I get reminders to check so it's very useful, invaluable almost to me so I'll take this opportunity (I'm too scared to bump the other posts doing this!) to thank all those who spend their money and time working out the answers and then share with us, thank you.
    (I really wish the other mags were done in the same way and I could subscribe to them too as my next move is to search "issue" for them)

As a compromise though, I notice that other comps are posted in multiple places e.g. daily comp thread, rafflecopter/gleam thread perhaps this is a way forward?
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vote to keep ^_^
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vote to keep as it is
    UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID
  • gouldie7
    gouldie7 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I vote to keep also - I find the main forum a mess and VERY difficult to find anything.

If the whole thing has been started with a YYMMDD format, (instead of the current DDMM) it would be so much easier to navigate...
    I... left... my.... heart :heart: innnnnn San Francisco :sad:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gouldie7 wrote: »
    I vote to keep also - I find the main forum a mess and VERY difficult to find anything.

If the whole thing has been started with a YYMMDD format, (instead of the current DDMM) it would be so much easier to navigate...

If you are playing around with the options some of the searches refine a bit better but if you are just using the board "as is" then the normal date display 20/08, 06/07, 17/12 etc is the easy/natural way to read rather than the American 08/20, 07/06, 12/17
  • jeddentad
    jeddentad Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    If you are playing around with the options some of the searches refine a bit better but if you are just using the board "as is" then the normal date display 20/08, 06/07, 17/12 etc is the easy/natural way to read rather than the American 08/20, 07/06, 12/17

I think the argument would be for using the ISO 8601 standard short date format: YYYY-MM-DD, not the American D/M/YY.

The ISO standard sorts properly.

But, I could only imagine the thread on that one :D
  • beelzebomb
    beelzebomb Posts: 415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most definitely Keep!
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Consider me another vote to keep the status quo.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport