🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A thought...

Options

Comments

• stemog52
    stemog52 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I vote to keep the thread too, I don't always have time to keep up with main board so it's handy having all tab in one place, and a massive thanks to all you guys who post here.:D
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    id likke to keep it please

i dont have time anymore to go through all the comps on the board so the subscription saves me time
    What goes around-comes around
  • Humph
    Humph Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think it is very useful where it is - I tackle them about once a week - a kind of mini blitz. I vote to keep it as it is
  • bbdiva1977
    bbdiva1977 Posts: 973 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I vote to keep i dont get chance to access main more that weekly and do marathon comping session. Whereas i take 10 mins to come here whenever had few emails letting me know new posts
  • womble_lancs
    Options
    jeddentad wrote: »
    I think the argument would be for using the ISO 8601 standard short date format: YYYY-MM-DD, not the American D/M/YY.

The ISO standard sorts properly.

But, I could only imagine the thread on that one :D

I've been using that format for my own stuff for about 15 years. It's so much easier!
  • yeoldecrier
    Options
    The thread is a great way to manage the large amount of TAB competitions. I like the current format, it is easy to use, logical and simple to check if you think you might have missed one.

I bookmark the thread on the toolbar in Firefox and Safari, then as the page rolls over, I just edit the toolbar link and change the page number, that way I am always on the current page. Use the thanks button and it is even easier.

I don't subscribe to the thread as it does get overwhelming especially when the board gets used for discussions and the like. keep it simple by not posting unwanted drivel.

I also have a printed spreadsheet with tickbox as a bolt and braces approach as well.

The same approach works with the Puzzler thread and I appreciate the work done by the admins of both.

Trying to keep track in the main board will be a backward step. There is aso the chance of missing new magazine competitions being added.

A big thank you to all that administrate and contribute, it is very much appreciated.

James
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,763 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want to bookmark/favorite the threads - these links take you straight to the last post in the thread (just scroll up from there)

PUZZLER - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5507135#lastpost

TAB - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4870437#lastpost
  • Mouse25
    Mouse25 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I vote to keep, I use them all the time and the subscription to these is great and it means you never miss one.

Thanks to all who continue to do these it's much appreciated.
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I vote to keep the thread where it is. I subscribe and being notified when there are new comps posted is a big help, as I have less time this year for comping. Many thanks :T to the admin and :T all who post comps & answers for their effort.

Why is there no poll attached to this discussion thread?
  • lyns1986
    lyns1986 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    vote to keep! so much handier keeping them together
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income