Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• The_Ushers
    Options
    I am in communication with Out Fox re the above. I have kept an almost continuous weekly record of our elec consumption since our meter was changed in March 2014. I, therefore, know what our actual consumption has been over any yearly period since the meter change and have an 'average units used per day' figure for that period. Therefore, I know fairly accurately what our eac should be and was quite putout when told our new membership fee based upon a much larger eac than it is in practice. I complained about this and was told about this INDUSTRY PROVIDED FIGURE FOR EAC whereupon I requested that they give me contact information to enable me to have that incorrect data about our usage corrected. I am still waiting. Does anyone have this information? Or in fact any info about this process? How can it be wrong as, presumably, 'official' meter readings get fed into it. (Or do they?) It is somewhat alarming that OutFox is basing its new membership charges on incorrect data.
  • Verdigris
    Verdigris Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    All suppliers are obliged to furnish you with your total consumption, annually. The accuracy of that figure depends on having independent meter readings taken, in addition to any readings you may submit. How often does your meter get independently read?
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was put on the wrong membership fee and I sent the following to OFTM:

I have been looking at the 3 statements that are shown on my account and I notice that you show my estimated usage over the next 12 months to be 2382 kWh. I believe this to be high as in the last 4 years I have used 9043 kWh which comes out at around 2261 per year. You will see that I provide you with regular readings so I keep accurate records. In fact during the last 4 years I have recorded 149 readings.

As your site says that usage of 0 - 2399 kWh per year puts me into the first band at £6.99 per month. I find it hard to understand why you are billing me £8.99 per month as my membership fee.

This was the reply:

Thank you for your email - looking into your account I can see that the flows (2 years of your meters history) do state that you SHOULD in fact be paying £6.99 per month, therefore I will ask our invoicing department to look further into thsi for you.

I do apologize for all inconvenience that this may have caused.

I sent my Email at 09:38 11/07/18 and my reply was 16:04 11/07/18 Confirmation of amended bills 08:58 12/07/18

I would get back onto them to get it sorted.

We have 16 years worth of readings for this house since we moved in when it was a new build. :D I also have records going back nearly 35 years of meter readings from all the houses we have lived in since married.:o
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still waiting for a reply to an email I sent them about charging me the higher tariff, but I'm hoping they have a good excuse because I'm told their usage estimates are based on the Estimated Annual Consumption (EAC), which are in turn based on meter readings.

They do seem to make a lot of errors that result in people being overcharged. I wonder if they undercharge as many.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    They do seem to make a lot of errors that result in people being overcharged. I wonder if they undercharge as many.

Hmmm...............I wonder :rotfl:
  • Lyncj01
    Lyncj01 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been impressed so far. I provide my meter read every month or so and can see all my statements AND I'm saving over £1,000 per year.
  • skinman1401
    skinman1401 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 July 2018 at 12:02PM
    Options
    We switched over to OTM back in May as they were quoting cheaper than anyone else for our usage. With no tie in period and the cheap prices on offer we thought we would give them a shot. We gave them our current (now previous!) energy supplier details and meter readings and they did everything for us. It was probably the smoothest switch of energy providers we've ever made. We didn't have to call OTM or our previous supplier once.

Their prices have just recently gone up by 6.5% due to an apparent 22% wholesale energy price increase. That prompted me to to run a quote this morning to check that they are still the cheapest. According to moneysupermarket they are still £100 a year cheaper than any of the big 6. YMMV however we have been very happy with them so far. Definitely worth a look.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah, despite the "amateur hour" website I'm hoping they'll continue to offer decent prices.

I jumped ship from NPower last month (been with them for 15 years and a happy customer, but this time around their best new fix was a silly one till 2020 or something that was only £50 a year cheaper than Standard for my usage - their fixes are normally pretty competitive).

Hoping for smooth sailing with Outfox (though I did notice on my account page that they've mysteriously added a new readings line dated 2 days after my opening readings, and that just contains the same value for electricity and a blank entry for gas. Odd.)
  • Sausageroll14
    Options
    Been attempting to move over since Feb. Old supplier was exactly helpful but outfox the market was utterly incompetent!

Chased again in July. Spoke to 'Dave'. Customer service was a joke. Escalated as Dave kept telling me my account was live and could be updated but it wasn't.

Finally got sorted. Made a complaint and it just got declined. Escalated again as the customer service was shocking (one line emails.....). Had a manager call me back to discuss the issue. A half hearted attempt at an apology, talking over me and just generally uninterested. £20 to shut me up. Apparently they don't do compensation due to the margins of the company.....where do they get off attempting to claim charity status!!!!!:mad:

Complete joke set up. Wouldn't trust this lot at all. Avoid at all costs!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 July 2018 at 6:03PM
    Options
    I switched from Scottish Power to OTM last month, and it went through quickly with no issues. (Actually thinking about it, I think I still owe Scottish Power some money).

After a month, OTM seem to think that my account £15 in credit, which I don't think is accurate, but other than that they seem okay to me, and of course they are cheap.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback