What's the strangest "substitute" item you've been offered on your home delivery?

Options
Mine was -

I ordered 12 tins of Whiskas cat food from Asda and it was substituted with 12 tins of Pedigree Chum (dog food)!!

What were they thinking?

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• belfastgirl23
    Options
    Apparently the computer makes the choice.

I was offered plain flour instead of strong white bread flour - definitely no substitute! And spicy grated cheese instead of mozzarella!
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I once had a pack of Cadbury Creme Egg's substituted with a box of bog standard hens eggs.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • Wolfsbayne
    Options
    I had a tin of fruit cocktail substituted for dried mixed fruit.
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    I was given green loo roll instead of white from Tesco a few years back - the delivery driver was stunned when I said no thanks!!

Thankfully Sainsbury's deliver here and now and they understand that loo roll MUST only ever be white!!
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • skintlass
    skintlass Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can beat them all - instead of bread I was sent a packet of brazil nuts - even the driver was confused.
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • PetuliaGristle
    Options
    I once had mixed spice substituted with allspice.
    "We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
    "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I little jiff lemon juice was what I wanted- but got a single banana instead! Both are yellow i guess
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apparently the computer makes the choice.

That explains a few things! lol

I don't know about the other stores, but Waitrose have a no substitutions option which I always use when ordering with them.

I can't really have substituted items, they're often not suitable. I don't eat pork or seafood in any form, and I try to avoid certain combinations of food types. And just to make things more complex I don't buy anything from Nestle either. After all this a huge selection of stuff is off the shopping list, so personally it's easier to just make do without an item.
  • Mum_of_Boys
    Options
    I once had mixed spice substituted with allspice.

happy0204.gif happy0195.gif happy0192.gif
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl:

These substitutes are so funny lol. I've found Tesco to be most random with their substitutes. I like my microwave macaroni cheeses to take for work, and one week I ordered six. Unfortunately six microwave cauliflower cheeses turned up...not quite the same really.

I do like OPs. 12 tis of dog food instead of cat food lol. I don't think my dog would be impressed of he ended up with cat food lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure