La Tasca Vouchers Discussion

Options

Comments

• boof69
    boof69 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Can recommend the restaurant at Bluewater, very nice food, freindly staff, accepts most vouchers but not always (read the small print!). Another tip, tip in cash, if you tip via the machine the company uses it so that they can pay below minimum wage and then top it up to the legal requirement using customers tips!!! NOT exactly fair!
  • live_in_hope_2
    live_in_hope_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2009 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Visited La Tasca at Touchwood, Solihull. Food is nothing special and certainly nothing like real Spanish tapas. Six very small tapas came to £18, in Spain fresh tapas are only 50c or at the very most 1 Euro and if you sit at the bar with a drink they are free. (In Spain, that is. Not many people know that) Wouldn't rush back to La Tasca.
  • SuperMum2008
    SuperMum2008 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    I see it says "one voucher per person" - does that mean for a table of 8 I need 4 vouchers or 8 vouchers or one voucher for the whole table?!
    Feel free to thank me, it makes my toes tingle and my ears go warm :T
  • nansenst
    nansenst Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    We used the 'Tapas for a tenner' promotion last night for a table of six and at their suggestion, they brought us two of everything off the menu all at once.It was more than enough to eat, but they also came back and asked us if we wanted to order any more. Impressed.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    Visited La Tasca at Touchwood, Solihull. Food is nothing special and certainly nothing like real Spanish tapas. Six very small tapas came to £18, in Spain fresh tapas are only 50c or at the very most 1 Euro and if you sit at the bar with a drink they are free. (In Spain, that is. Not many people know that) Wouldn't rush back to La Tasca.

No **** Sherlock, very few Restaurants in the UK serve anything like the food of the country they represent. It's still cheaper to go to a local restaurant than jet abroad
    every time you fancy eating out.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • live_in_hope_2
    edited 5 June 2009 at 9:49AM
    Options
    No **** Sherlock, very few Restaurants in the UK serve anything like the food of the country they represent. It's still cheaper to go to a local restaurant than jet abroad
    every time you fancy eating out.

CLEVER !!!!!!, I was trying to point out how much La Tasca were overcharging for their tapas in comparison to a restaurant in Spain.

Any fool knows it's cheaper to eat in the UK than fly abroad.

In future keep your sarcasm to yourself. It's not warranted and makes you look an idiot.
  • SuperMum2008
    SuperMum2008 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    I see it says "one voucher per person" - does that mean for a table of 8 I need 4 vouchers or 8 vouchers or one voucher for the whole table?!

When we've stopped annoying each other (;)) is there any chance anyone can answer my question above?? :o
    Feel free to thank me, it makes my toes tingle and my ears go warm :T
  • thebawp
    thebawp Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 June 2009 at 10:31PM
    Options
    When we've stopped annoying each other (;)) is there any chance anyone can answer my question above?? :o

I'd like to know the answer to this also. On previous vouchers the t & C have mentioned one voucher per group, rather than one per person.Bit of dodgy wording to catch people out maybe?

Edit: Posted a note to them as I've got a reservation for Wednesday, so if they get back to me will let you know.
    Slice the Pie challenge - £16.05/£30
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    CLEVER !!!!!!, I was trying to point out how much La Tasca were overcharging for their tapas in comparison to a restaurant in Spain.

Any fool knows it's cheaper to eat in the UK than fly abroad.

In future keep your sarcasm to yourself. It's not warranted and makes you look an idiot.

No it doesn't and no I won't, you made a daft irrelevant statement and got called for it.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • live_in_hope_2
    edited 9 June 2009 at 3:14PM
    Options
    No it doesn't and no I won't, you made a daft irrelevant statement and got called for it.

My comments were totally relevant. It is your sarcasm that is daft and irrevant, It is totally uncalled for and shows you up for what you are.

I am not going to bring myself down to your level by getting into a insult slanging match.

The only thing I will say is that you ought to grow up, get a life and keep your long nose out of other peoples business.

And who may I ask appointed you as the site moderator?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure