PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bought my first house and hate it, SO much

Options

Comments

• Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 July 2019 at 10:33PM
    Options
    I had the same buyers regret when we bought our first house just over 3 years ago.

Not entirely coincidentally I do also suffer with a bit of anxiety myself.

But I think part of it was always having lived in rented accomodation before it just felt like such a big commitment and houses rarely look great when you move in and they are unfurnished and all the issues the furniture was hiding are exposed.

Then I managed to convince myself the house had subsidence (good old sloping floors)!

Fast forward 3 years and I love the place and couldn't be happier we moved here, as others have said it all feels SO much better when you can slowly start making the place your own (seeing that it isn't about to imminently fall down will probably help as well!)

Don't beat yourself up too much over all this, buying a house is a stressful experience and that stress doesn't necessarily end when you move in, but things will get easier.
  • Yalpsmol
    Yalpsmol Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Did your rabbit used to live indoors? I know Im missing the point but carpets are a nightmare for my dog and I am glad of cheap easy to clean floors. Consider before fitting carpet. Maybe rabbits are better for carpets that dogs though...half way comprimise is large nice rugs which you can replace more frequently that carpet (I also prefer this as its easier and cheaper to "redecorate" by just changing the colour of a rug and some furniture/plants/pictures).
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, the rabbit! I forgot about your rabbit, Lumabones. I hope you have fed, watered and given some love to that bunny; none of this is his/her fault, after all and you have a responsibility to any living creature to whom you choose to give a home.

Please tell me Thumper is OK.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Our next door neighbour has a rabbit loose in his house.

At least, I think he still has it. Our cat presented it to him yesterday, and it proved somewhat lively and elusive.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Our next door neighbour has a rabbit loose in his house.

At least, I think he still has it. Our cat presented it to him yesterday, and it proved somewhat lively and elusive.

The cat or the rabbit? I am hoping both.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    Oh, the cat's definitely here. Little !!!!!!'s crunching a mouse under the table as I type.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    I hope next door's bunny has recovered from the encounter. I think the least you can do is offer a couple of carrots in compensation, don't you?
  • AdrianC
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    I hope next door's bunny has recovered from the encounter. I think the least you can do is offer a couple of carrots in compensation, don't you?
    It didn't start off as "next-door's bunny". It started off as a free-range pest.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    It didn't start off as "next-door's bunny". It started off as a free-range pest.

I like bunnies, you like bats, we both like cats... We are both derailing this thread (again) :o

Very sorry, Lumabones.
  • Lumabones
    Lumabones Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes my bunny is fine! She's always been a house bun, she's litter trained and my partner has been helping to care for her on my off days.
    I saw someone mention earlier that she should be outside. But she's been raised as a house pet for 5 years now and I'm not about to change that anytime soon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback