ebay postage

Options
ebay seem to be holding payments from me

most of the items I sednd out are sub £10 and fit in small jiffy bag , UK sales only

(anything larger is sent by my hermes (print n drop)

I do not own a printer , I have no wish to buy one just to print out the odd ebay label

upto now I use poyal mail , supply my own jiffy bag and pay £1.o6 for posting

what is the best / cheapest method to get a tracking number that I can upload

paid extra for 2d tracking this morning , got recept but no number or method of tracking on recept , ?

Comments

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options

paid extra for 2d tracking this morning , got recept but no number or method of tracking on recept , ?

2D barcodes are included as standard on parcels, for large letter this is only currently offered to on account customers, either way you can't pay extra for it.

What service did you buy and was it a large letter or a parcel?

Royal Mail offer Signed For for an additional £1.15
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    it was sent second class , O think it came to £1.78 (large letter?) there was a 2d barcode printed on the stick on label

no numbers on recepts , however parcel says br: 153327 3-5551249 and below that prn:0212-5753-0386-9504

O do not wish to inconvienience people (having to make trips to sorting office) by going down signed for route
    Options
    Large Letters do have the a 2D QR code but currently they can't be tracked online if purchased from the Post Office, etc, only if you have a business account.

£1.78 should be the standard price for a 2nd Class Large Letter between 251g and 500g.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ok without going dow the signed for route , what is the cheapest method of posting small jlffy bag with some sort of tracking number

and PS , why do PO offer 2d , if you cant track it
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you bothered about a tracking number? If you get a proof of posting and it goes missing you can put a claim in.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Myhermes now do letter type postage but i'm not sure if its tracked or not
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Why are you bothered about a tracking number? If you get a proof of posting and it goes missing you can put a claim in.

because %^&ody ebay are holding money for 21 days or slightly less unless I upload tracking info
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    Myhermes now do letter type postage but i'm not sure if its tracked or not

yes , seen that £2.85 , tracked but no compensation , whereas I think normal upto 1k at £2.95 inc compensation
    Options

and PS , why do PO offer 2d , if you cant track it

The QR code contains all the info about the parcel (format, weight, address, etc), Royal Mail do have the data from the scans, they just won't share it with you.

If Paypal are placing 21 day holds on funds it's probably something you'll have to put up with for a while.

I'd rather wait 21 days for the money than use Hermes.
    yes , seen that £2.85 , tracked but no compensation , whereas I think normal upto 1k at £2.95 inc compensation

For that price you might as well make your items bigger and pay £3 to Royal Mail for a 2nd class small parcel.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ok so the answer is to place a small jiffy bag in a box and send it as a small package at just over £3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure