Missing money from account

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    LottieLou wrote: »
    Oh Jessica, ignore most of the people on here. Obviously having a grumpy Sunday. You care here for a bit of reassurance because there’s nothing you can do to help resolve the issue today ( well yesterday now).

I hope it is just a glitch & it’s easily resolved when you call them today. After this though, if it were me I would be moving my money elsewhere. Good luck

I'm going to jump to the wise, and well respected, members defence here.

Mollycoddling a Millenial doesn't help them.
    Life is not easy.
    Life is not fair.
    It's [EMAIL="bl@@dy"]bl@@dy[/EMAIL] hard and we're all just doing our best to get through it.
    Mollycoddling is condoning and exacerbates the situation.

When posters come on, whatever age, and haven't provided the fullest of information, the members that try to advise refuse to do it through guesswork.
    They won't fling around snippets and vagueness because that's dangerous.

They probe and probe until sufficient detail is given whereby they can offer pertinent advice.
    That's the very thing taking place here.
    No more, no less.

I'll step off this box now !

Jessica, it would be interesting to hear how you get on with your investigation, post a few lines to tell us how you got on with this case, there will be others in similar situations that can learn from yours.
  • nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    One thing not touched on fully - is the amount exactly 2000? Or is it a more specific number than that.

I'd be thinking back to a previous deposit made that might match the amount, in case it was reversed for some reason (and hence wouldn't be in the ledger).

However, more likely there is a 2000 deduction due, and they're just showing the available balance by default. Hopefully it gets sorted when the bank opens today.
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    nyermen wrote: »
    One thing not touched on fully - is the amount exactly 2000? Or is it a more specific number than that.

I'd be thinking back to a previous deposit made that might match the amount, in case it was reversed for some reason (and hence wouldn't be in the ledger).

However, more likely there is a 2000 deduction due, and they're just showing the available balance by default. Hopefully it gets sorted when the bank opens today.

Or perhaps a combination of deposits / withdrawals ?

£2000 is a significant amount and I hope that it will be resolved today.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gary Dexter honestly have you got nothing better to do with your time seriously?
    No my money hasn’t gone on bloody crypto currencies and yes i wrote a list of 7 of the ones I could remember you’ve attached a list of ten, if you google crypto currencies they are going to pop up I haven’t just made them up they are all out there on the web, so I’m not sure what your point it is

Honestly beside a few I think you all need to find a hobbie rather than internet trolling, try spreading some nice things to say rather than behaving in the way you are
    As for the in court reference I’m not in court, neither are any of you, it’s a forum and if your referring to it as such and taking it so seriously then that’s rather worrying

As the other person said earlier, thanks for wasting a few of the hours for me while I’m waiting for them to open.
    Finally also I hope no one speaks to you or you family in the way some of you have spoke to me and that when you look for help you get the help and advice you need x

7... 10... it’s all just semantics and doesn’t change the fact you copied and pasted the list, word for word, symbol for symbol, order for order.

This seems like a troll post to me - schools are back today
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Your cashplus account online should have a list of transactions with a balance alongside after each transaction.

This is the basis of all bank accounts. From your initial posts it sounds like somewhere along the line the figures literally do not add up..
    I have sat and read through all the various posts here but at no point does the OP address this fundamental point.
    Could you please clearly explain at what point in the list of transactions the balance becomes incorrect and how it appears on the list of transactions?
  • Terry_Towelling
    Terry_Towelling Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I have sat and read through all the various posts here but at no point does the OP address this fundamental point.
    Could you please clearly explain at what point in the list of transactions the balance becomes incorrect and how it appears on the list of transactions?

Hear what you say but they sort of did. Clearly the balance can't suddenly be wrong if there is no withdrawal in the account, so the only way for this to happen is if the whole ledger suddenly loses a number of deposits.

OP did suggest that their paper statements were correct but the online ledger was different. When asked what those differences were, they remained silent - apart from ranting a bit.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 May 2019 at 5:25PM
    Options
    ... the bank have stated it was a tech issue on their system and my correct balance is now showing as of this afternoon thank god!
    Well done on getting your problem with the balance sorted out. I expect that is a huge relief!

And well done Jessica for standing up for yourself. I think you have expressed yourself very eloquently :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    .... the bank have stated it was a tech issue on their system and my correct balance is now showing as of this afternoon thank god!

Thanks for the update.

I have reported one or two of those who persisted in attacking you - some are still doing it I see - so maybe MSE will take a bit of action. Forum rules say, if I recall correctly. that we should all be nice to other posters, particularly newbies. There are several on this thread who haven't been, and who also seem to not know the phrase about when in a hole stop digging.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't let one bad experience put you off, at least reading, this forum. There really is a lot of helpful information floating about in here.

Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has the OP deleted the post where she said it was a technical glitch, or did I miss it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure