Supporting Help for Heroes

Options
Help for heroes is one of the Charities nominated to be supported by the MSE Charity. It's currently in the lead, get voting to keep it there

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/#vote

Comments

• septemberblues
    Options
    Andy_L wrote: »
    Help for heroes is one of the Charities nominated to be supported by the MSE Charity. It's currently in the lead, get voting to keep it there

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/#vote

Yep, it got my vote, good luck!! Support our Heroes!!
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    Wish you didnt highlight this. Just spent loads more money on merchandise!
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    I wear my wristband every day withough fail!!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • s30jok
    s30jok Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    1012donna wrote: »
    I wear my wristband every day withough fail!!!!

we can buy the wristband at work but are not allowed to wear it with uniform cannot see why not, but then common sense in the armed forces isnt their strong point!!!
    Wins so Far: 21" lcd monitor, 6 day all expenses paid holiday to China, 8800GTX gfx card, 2x Panasonic cameras, 12 cups and Loads of Twix's, Coffee Lovers Hamper - Wild bean cafe. TomTom (upto value of £200) Aviva Car Insurance
  • mercman1969
    mercman1969 Posts: 871 Forumite
    Options
    Have to agree that it is a plainly silly idea to be able to purchase an item that supports the forces and then not being able to display it

Have to ask myself what sort of message does this send out to the general public

surely it is exactly the same as wearing the poppy....this displays support and thanks for those that gave their lives in all conflicts.....is the wristband simply a modern equivilant

I believe it is something that should be pursued to the very top....maybe it is something i will take up myself
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    Voted, and i agree about the wristband, it's daft to not be able to wear it with uniform, when it shows support for a forces charity.
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    just voted .... now on 18%
    keep it going

donations__44640_thumb.jpg
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • lee634
    lee634 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    The wearing of the wristbands has been passed to Commanding Officers to decide whether or not to allow it,

and No we are not allowed to wear them in my unit either
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    s30jok wrote: »
    we can buy the wristband at work but are not allowed to wear it with uniform cannot see why not, but then common sense in the armed forces isnt their strong point!!!

Yeah, I disagree with that rule. My OH would wear his at work too if he was allowed.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]now
    19% (3950 votes) :j :j :j :j
    [/FONT]
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure