Supporting Help for Heroes

Options

Comments

• welsh_cake
    Options
    Well I have done my bit and have text the number from the radio to donate £5 and have also ordered a sticker for my car and a badge. Can't listen to the radio for too long, as i get upset by the stories of the heroes. The money they raise really does make a difference and encourages them to keep on wanting to live after losing limbs etc.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go. :A
  • mercman1969
    Options
    Closing date for orders for Christmas is Friday 18th December 09

Get your orders in quickly and help support H4H

A very quick update and thanks to the 2 orders received this week. Although only a small beginning, hopefully this will grow and allow a larger donation on 31st December 09

Dont forget you can use these cards in anyway you choose and with Christmas coming why not order some special cards to be used as gift tags or even Thank You cards

The last 2 orders have meant a donation of £6 will be sent to Help for Heroes on or around the 31st December 2009

The more orders completed prior to that date will boost this total

Again...Many Many Thanks to all who have ordered
  • Grumpy_Old_Duffer
    Options
    Can someone point me in the direction of where I can get the wristbands to show support of the troops in Afghanistan.
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can someone point me in the direction of where I can get the wristbands to show support of the troops in Afghanistan.

Some regiments have their own Afghan wristband, not sure if there's an all troops one.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    There is an all troops one - it's light blue, dark blue and red (army/navy/RAF). I got mine from the uni shop but I think there is a website you can buy them from ... here it is
    https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/products/Help-for-Heroes-Wrist-Band.html

Mate of mine is doing a parachute jump next year in support of H4H
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Grumpy_Old_Duffer
    Options
    Since my post yesterday I found http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk/homepage.asp and sent away for their wristbands. Hope the money does go to the troops???

Will get the H4H wristband as well.
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    afghanheroes is a registered charity whose objects are -

Charitable objects Info.gif !
    THE COMPANY'S OBJECTS ARE: (1) TO PROMOTE THE EFFICIENCY OF THE ARMED FORCES THROUGH SUCH CHARITABLE MEANS AS THE TRUSTEES THINK FIT AND IN PARTICULAR: TO ENHANCE THE MORALE AND WELFARE OF ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL SERVING OVERSEAS, IN PARTICULAR IN AFGHANISTAN; TO SUPPORT THE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN SERVICE; TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL TO SUPPORT THEIR TRANSITION TO CIVILIAN LIFE. (2) TO RELIEVE SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES AND THEIR DEPENDANTS WHO ARE IN NEED BY VIRTUE OF THEIR PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH OR THEIR ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • mercman1969
    mercman1969 Posts: 871 Forumite
    Options
    Folks,

Thanks for your continuing support for H4H
    Just bumping this thread to say that the offer is still running and that the original prices have been held over from when 1st posted

Regards

Pete
  • taichiman
    Options
    The Army Dress Committee have (for some time) approved the wearing of the H4H wristband in uniform.:A
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    For everyone who follows http://twitter.com/#!/dartsforheroes on twitter, Helpforheroes will get £1. Almost at £350 so far
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure