Cheery's country living adventure

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Right, YNAB done :j :j

Nothing much to report. Been pretty good at tracking in the app for once so nothing to budget fiddling for the first time ever! :j :rotfl:

£5.50 Everyday Rewards payment made on the bank account
    £5.36 interest on NW current
    £3.72 interest on TSB current

= £14.58 added to mortgage overpayments fund this month :money:

I've been plodding along with Prolific and did a £5 survey there the other day - should be up to £17 ish when that's cleared, so should be able to cash out before the end of the month :money:

And of course my new foray into matched betting will make a difference, although as I say, not counting that til the stake is safely back in the bank account!

All good :)

Working at home today, will have lasagne from the freezer for lunch and perhaps a little more batch cooking tonight as I'm home alone :money:
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to no budget fiddling! :j
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Sorry themadvix had to read your post twice thought you said budgie fiddling and thought to myself I'm sure cheery daff has chickens not budgies. Anyway after re-reading realised it was me.
    CRx
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the MB. I did very well with it and made a few thousand before running out of bookies! Its great fun as well.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    budgie fiddling indeed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

Thanks shangaijimmy - I confess at the minute it's mostly just slightly terrifying :rotfl: but even after a couple of days the language is becoming more familiar and it's seeming less scary... :rotfl: By the weekend I'll be a pro! :rotfl:
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Clearly Cheery has an affinity for our feathered friends but I hope it doesn't stretch to budgie fiddling! :rotfl:

Well done for going with the MB - you're braver than me!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Cheery_Daff
    Options
    It certainly does not stretch to budgie fiddling :eek: :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well we'll see how brave I am regarding MB :D I think I've got my head round it now - the actual risk seems to come from me not following instructions and doing something stupid :D I'm pretty good at following instructions (in fact I positively LIKE following instructions) so theoretically I should be fine. Taking it very slowly at first though!

Sun is shining :j I've been for a walk round the footpaths, had a quick chat with the farmer, had a nice shower and have on my new organic cotton, £3.50-in-the-charity-shop dress so all is good :j

Going to head into the office this morning - don't need to be there but the last couple of days at home have dragged a bit, and I'm meeting a friend in town later, so might as well be there as here for a change of scenery. Will be nice to see a colleague or two as well :j And I'll be able to top up with diesel at the supermarket for points :money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon MSE chums :hello:

Just popping in to report MSE things, as that keeps my head into the whole money-saving thing (even when I'm, er, not actually saving any money :rotfl: )

So today I have...

* Got a free cup of tea in the cafe as we'd got to the end of a loyalty card :money:
    * got another few quid on MB - profit up to £17.80 now (and should theoretically be around £34 by this evening)
    * collected 2 eggs from the coal shed (yes, I'm counting that as moneysaving, although in reality it's a minor offset against the cost of the pesky chickens :rotfl: )

Er, that's it I think. Made my first stupid MB mistake this morning :eek: (for those in the know, I didn't change the spreadsheet from 'qualifying' to 'free bet SNR' so overlayed - I realise that'll sound like gobbledegook if you don't do it, as indeed it did to me about 3 days ago :rotfl: ) Anyway, a nice lady showed me what to do to sort it out so all good :j :j

If all goes to plan I should have got £15 cashback too (but I'm not even thinking about that til it's tracked...)

I think I'm planning to put any MB money I make towards the mortgage :money: Although I'm going to hold off making a final decision til I see whether I want to carry on with it or not. Going to do all the opening offers, then decide if I can be bothered with the hassle.

If not, I'll put what I've made in the mortgage overpayments pot and pay it off at the end of the year with the rest.

if I am going to carry on, I'll just transfer each £1000 to the mortgage as I make it (being optimistic here! :rotfl: :rotfl: )

:D

Right - actual work :eek:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent! I wish I could figure out how to do the repeat offers, I did try, but I didn't have the brain space available to figure it out, and they kept on sounding like gobbledygook. But those beginner offers are gold, I'm really glad you're doing them, Cheery.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Indeed, it has eaten up rather a lot of brain space (and actual time!) already :eek: But I'm hoping it will get easier... Already seems less baffling than it did last weekend :rotfl:

Real work feels like pulling teeth this week :eek: Just CANNOT make myself settle to it at all :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback